Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching carousel 2017

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    It will be interesting to hear how much he could have gotten at Drake if he did go (you all know someone will write a story about it.) I bet it's more than what usd will now be paying him. We're all sure he didn't want to leave but knew this was an opportunity to get a pay raise. Ultimately, he likes where he is at for now.
    Number floating around $350,000 (Drake job).
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Number floating around $350,000
      Honestly, Smith staying in the Summit is good for the league. He's a good coach imho.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Honestly, Smith staying in the Summit is good for the league. He's a good coach imho.
        Agree completely, good to see him staying. USD will be tough next year.

A comment was made earlier that MVC without WSU is like the Summit but with better facilities, but that gap is closing. There are new facilities at NDSU, USD, and UNO and SDSU will soon join the list with an updated Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Agree completely, good to see him staying. USD will be tough next year.

A comment was made earlier that MVC without WSU is like the Summit but with better facilities, but that gap is closing. There are new facilities at NDSU, USD, and UNO and SDSU will soon join the list with an updated Frost.
          There is always the peter principle, which told him to stay put, and get some more experience before moving up. The Drake job?????? lots of questions and few answers.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            So Craig just pulled an AJ? (Without the added drama of an airline connection?)
            Accurate, direct flight from SFalls to Des Moines was recently cancelled.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sorry to ask this, but some of you are saying "pulled an AJ" but I'm unsure of when AJ almost left but didn't (although I'm sure he's had opportunities to leave multiple times.) Could someone please enlighten me on this event? You can send me a private message if you don't want to drift too far from this thread.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Sorry to ask this, but some of you are saying "pulled an AJ" but I'm unsure of when AJ almost left but didn't (although I'm sure he's had opportunities to leave multiple times.) Could someone please enlighten me on this event? You can send me a private message if you don't want to drift too far from this thread.
                http://www.keloland.com/news/article...-uwgb-for-sdsu

http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/ViewA...ATCLID=3751465

In 2007 (fast 10 years) AJ accepted the UWGB position, but had a change of heart en route to GB
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

From what I remember, AJ changed his mind en route because he decided he didn't want to leave - I don't think he was still negotiating with SDSU for more money at that point. It sounds like Smith was using taking the Drake job as a negotiating tool, which I don't have a problem with, but makes his situation slightly different than AJ's. AJ probably got a raise as a result, but I don't think he was demanding it to stay here. If I am wrong on this, someone please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    From what I remember, AJ changed his mind en route because he decided he didn't want to leave - I don't think he was still negotiating with SDSU for more money at that point. It sounds like Smith was using taking the Drake job as a negotiating tool, which I don't have a problem with, but makes his situation slightly different than AJ's. AJ probably got a raise as a result, but I don't think he was demanding it to stay here. If I am wrong on this, someone please correct me.
                    When this all went down 10 years ago, I was given the impression that SDSU sweetened the deal to keep AJ. I suspect there are others that post to this board with more details then I can provide. I don't think it's relevant in any way to this case just something to discuss.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

@mickgarry New contract at USD for Craig Smith is three years at $275,000 per. Herbster said talks had been ongoing for months.

Comment

All I was referring to was the "He's gone! Oh, wait, he's not!" aspect of the episodes.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          @mickgarry New contract at USD for Craig Smith is three years at $275,000 per. Herbster said talks had been ongoing for months.
                          Of course they have been.....not at that amount however.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Of course they have been.....not at that amount however.
                            Why respond truthfully? Their fanbase and beat reporters are blissfully ignorant. No tough questions have ever been asked of Herbster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Why respond truthfully? Their fanbase and beat reporters are blissfully ignorant. No tough questions have ever been asked of Herbster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              It's because no one cares.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

We're skirting the smack boundary here . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X