2017 WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 WNIT

3 Teams from the Summit (IUPUI- AQ, SDSU- At-Large, USD- At-Large) are included in the field. Pairings will come out in a couple of hours.

http://www.womensnit.com/news/2017-p...ield-announced

Re: 2017 WNIT

If they want to stay regional and avoid regular season re-matches, you would think USD-UND and Iowa-SDSU would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      3 Teams from the Summit (IUPUI- AQ, SDSU- At-Large, USD- At-Large) are included in the field. Pairings will come out in a couple of hours.

http://www.womensnit.com/news/2017-p...ield-announced
      Who will represent the Summit the best? That will be a fun competition,being the homer I am,I'll pick the Jacks.They seem more consistent playing good in the post season,overall.

Comment

How soon will the WNIT bracket a potential Jacks-Yotes match-up ? Will they do it already in the second round, or do they delay it because both schools are likely to put in healthy bids to host ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          If they want to stay regional and avoid regular season re-matches, you would think USD-UND and Iowa-SDSU would make sense.
          We played Iowa already during the regular season.I wouldn't mind playing them again,but we had Macy when we played them the first time.

Comment

Send USD to Iowa and they can do a double header with the men's team...

Comment

SDSU hosts Northern Illinois on Thursday night

USD hosts North Dakota.

Here's the bracket: http://www.womensnit.com/uploads/2/0...et_publish.pdf

Jacks and Yotes could meet in round 3

Comment

NIU was 21-11 this year and currently ranked 112th in the Sagarin rankings compared to our 53rd or in the RPI they are 75th compared to our 38th.
                Last edited by Rabbit74; 03-13-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

They lost to USD 97-83 on a neutral court in December.

Comment

Here is NIU schedule. A few common opponents. WIU (L), USD (L) and SIU-E (W).
                    http://www.niuhuskies.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Comment

IUPUI goes to Saint Louis and the winner gets the Indiana/Ball State survivor. OSU and SMU are in the rest of that bracket. The Jags are likely on the road for the entire time.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

In my opinion, a journey to the Final Four is highly possible. The most difficult teams in their quarter seem to be possible match-ups with usd, UND, and Iowa. They all have to fight among themselves, first, but I'm pretty confident the Jacks can beat them (and all from inside Frost.)

People need to show-up for these games! When people show-up, the Jacks get to keep playing. Home-field advantage can be huge in this tournament.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                          Home-field advantage can be huge in this tournament.
                          I'll agree with this

Comment

Season ticket holders have until 5pm to purchase "their" seats for Thursday's games.
                            http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/3/1...-wnit-bid.aspx
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

wish the game would be on TV.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X