Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Selection Show

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    Excited to announce for the fourth time my travel partner & I will be heading the Big Dance. 14 hours to Salt Lake City. Does anyone have familiarity with the route between Rapid City & Gillette, WY or should we get to Interstate 80 as soon as possible? Thanks for all the help.

Go Rabbits!
    Not sure where you starting but here is my recommended route from Rapid City, SD to Orin, WY (on I-25).

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Box+...8!2d42.6533015

But if you are coming from eastern SD then I would strongly suggest heading south at Murdo on Hwy 83 and heading west once you get to North Platte, NE.

I'm jealous you are making the trek - I wish I could do the same! Good luck and safe travels!
    Last edited by BTownJack; 03-14-2017, 12:44 PM. Reason: Updated route

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Not sure where you starting but here is my recommended route from Rapid City, SD to Orin, WY (on I-25).

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/rapi...8!2d42.6533015

But if you are coming from eastern SD then I would strongly suggest heading south at Murdo on Hwy 83 and heading west once you get to North Platte, NE.

I'm jealous you are making the trek - I wish I could do the same! Good luck and safe travels!
      Watching the Jacks live in the Big Dance is special. If going is a possibility I'd recommend going. It's a ton of fun. I went to Detroit and watched them play Michigan. I looked at tickets from Anchorage to SLC yesterday....$1000. Little too steep. Driving would be just short of 3000 miles and 52 hours. Not in the cards this year.

Comment

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/rapi...8!2d42.6533015

Ah. Beautiful Downtown Thedford, NE. Old times, old times . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Ah. Beautiful Downtown Thedford, NE. Old times, old times . . .
          Oh yes Down Town Thedford. Been there done that. A yummy steak along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            Excited to announce for the fourth time my travel partner & I will be heading the Big Dance. 14 hours to Salt Lake City. Does anyone have familiarity with the route between Rapid City & Gillette, WY or should we get to Interstate 80 as soon as possible? Thanks for all the help.

Go Rabbits!
            If you are starting in or going through Rapid, go down to Edgemont via 79 and 18, then down to Lusk. Lusk to Casper then down to Rawlins through Muddy Gap. I've done that drive numerous times a year for years. It's the fastest and roads should be great since the weather is so mild.

Comment

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Box+...8!2d42.6533015

If starting in Rapid, do NOT go south on I-25 at Orin Junction, head to Casper and down to Rawlins through Muddy Gap. Faster and less traffic.

Comment

That's the route we took. 14 hours from eastern SD even with stopping at the slowest Subway in the Western Hemisphere in Lusk. Roads were good. Thanks for advice. Off to the game.........

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                X