Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Selection Show

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The challenge is going to be keeping Daum out of foul trouble - you know the Zags will go right at him with the big man. If Theisen was healthier I would expect him to get some extended minutes, but even when healthy he has gotten in quick foul trouble against good post players.
    Tape the bejeebers out of Thiesen's ankle and tell him "you've got five fouls; try not to use *ALL* of them in the first half. But don't worry about it too much."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gonzaga has several guys 6-9 or bigger. The Jacks will need to be popping 3's with accuracy. Telly and AJ, limber up.
      This space for lease.

Comment

We are all focused on the interior with good reason, but Gonzaga's guards are also very very good.

We have our hands full to keep this within 20.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Gonzaga's fan bulletin board is here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...n-s-Basketball

Look forward to learning more about your team and program.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            2015, had to play them in Seattle. We made them sweat a bit but their bigs were just too much. Dex played out of his mind, maybe Daum can go crazy but Karnowski is a beast.

I don't think it is a great match up but I'm not really sure what would have been a lot better. UND gets Zona who is also very tough.
            better UND than us.

Comment

No matter where they are seeded, Gonzaga has usually not lived up to their seeding. Don't know what it is, coaching or the players they recruit. Not that it matters to the Jacks, they'll have their little bunny tails handed to them if Gonzaga has their usual game. Just for speculation, if the Zags play Az, I look for Az to prevail. Az's game seemed to be on the rise toward the end of the season and their bigs seem more nimble than the Zags.

Comment

Last year, Maryland was a very beatable team. I don't feel that way about Gonzaga. That's the difference between a 12 seed and a 16 seed. I think many of the teams on the 3,4,&5 seeds are very beatable this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Sounds like Otz knows a little about Gonzaga from his time at Washington - one of their players transferred from the Huskies.

Comment

I was sure we played Gonzaga back in the 1950's or maybe in the early 1960's. According to the Media guide Gonzaga played SDSU on Dec 31, 1956 at the SDSC Fieldhouse or the Barn. SDSU won 98-88. We are already 1-0 against Gonzaga. If we win in SLC, we will be 2-0

Comment

Opening Line - Gonzaga -23.

Another early start. If we make the drive it's the full day Wednesday route...............

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                        No matter where they are seeded, Gonzaga has usually not lived up to their seeding. Don't know what it is, coaching or the players they recruit. Not that it matters to the Jacks, they'll have their little bunny tails handed to them if Gonzaga has their usual game. Just for speculation, if the Zags play Az, I look for Az to prevail. Az's game seemed to be on the rise toward the end of the season and their bigs seem more nimble than the Zags.
                        http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...yRLxM0&irgwc=1

Zag fan here near Spokane, but spent a few yrs. north of you up in Aberdeen back in the late 70's. Good Luck Thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                          http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...yRLxM0&irgwc=1

Zag fan here near Spokane, but spent a few yrs. north of you up in Aberdeen back in the late 70's. Good Luck Thurs.
                          Ouch I hope we can keep it close. You are a 23 point favorite? We have catch u flatter than a pancake to pull this one off. Did you enjoy Aberdeen? Any one who can go 27-1 during the season is for real. The article says you took care of Arizona and that who UND drew.

Comment

Excited to announce for the fourth time my travel partner & I will be heading the Big Dance. 14 hours to Salt Lake City. Does anyone have familiarity with the route between Rapid City & Gillette, WY or should we get to Interstate 80 as soon as possible? Thanks for all the help.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Ouch I hope we can keep it close. You are a 23 point favorite? We have catch u flatter than a pancake to pull this one off. Did you enjoy Aberdeen? Any one who can go 27-1 during the season is for real. The article says you took care of Arizona and that who UND drew.
                              Sorry for the delay, Nidaros.

I enjoyed Aberdeen, the people more than the weather & the topography ( I like the small mountains & wall to wall evergreen trees that currently surround me).

When "The Yotes" visited in December I had the good fortune of meeting & visiting briefly with a fellow you guys are familiar with, former player/Coach Austin Hansen. A very nice "young man." The Coaching carousel can certainly make for some strange bedfellows. I asked him how his current assignment squared with his family & he told me that although his Dad is 100% supportive, there is still only Yellow & Blue in his household!

Here's to a well played, injury free game on Thursday. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                                Sorry for the delay, Nidaros.

I enjoyed Aberdeen, the people more than the weather & the topography ( I like the small mountains & wall to wall evergreen trees that currently surround me).

When "The Yotes" visited in December I had the good fortune of meeting & visiting briefly with a fellow you guys are familiar with, former player/Coach Austin Hansen. A very nice "young man." The Coaching carousel can certainly make for some strange bedfellows. I asked him how his current assignment squared with his family & he told me that although his Dad is 100% supportive, there is still only Yellow & Blue in his household!

Here's to a well played, injury free game on Thursday. Best of luck!
                                No problem. I bet you followed NSU while in Aberdeen. They have a great following. Austin Hansen was a very good D2 player for SDSU which probably know. He seems to move around and it cant hurt him down the road when he becomes a head coach.

I vaguely recall a Dec 31, 1956 game when Gonzaga came to Brookings. SDSU had a co-champ team that year and we won 98-88 according to the media guide. I dont expect that to happen again this week, but..

Comment

Working...
                                X