NCAA Selection Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Selection Show

Yikers. Not even being a downer here, realistically I think we lose by 20+.

Comment

Selfishly, I was hoping to be in the play-in game that fed into Kansas who plays in Tulsa. Winnable first game and possible "quick" trip to Tulsa for me. Oh, well. Might as well go and try and make history.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        That's what usually happens to 16-seeds...... We would need a miracle whether we ended up 15 or 16. The Jacks have been playing with house money since the win in the opening round of the SLT. Go out there, get some press, have some fun and hope for a lot of luck.

Comment

If we keep it within 37 then I wouldn't be as disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            That's what usually happens to 16-seeds...... We would need a miracle whether we ended up 15 or 16. The Jacks have been playing with house money since the win in the opening round of the SLT. Go out there, get some press, have some fun and hope for a lot of luck.
            I agree, but Gonzaga is an especially bad match up for us. I think the worst out of the top 4 seeds.

Comment

We aren't a typical 16 seed. Catch a team overlooking us we've got a chance.

Comment

USD Lost to Gonzaga this year. 102-65. as a comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                  If we keep it within 37 then I wouldn't be as disappointed.
                  Ha, so USD can't claim they played them better than us?

Comment

I agree, but Gonzaga is an especially bad match up for us. I think the worst out of the top 4 seeds.
                    I think UNC would have been worse. They've got an endless supply of post players. Depth at the post is by far our biggest weakness.

Comment

A challenge, Daum face off on the big bearded guy. What year did NDSU get this raw draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        A challenge, Daum face off on the big bearded guy. What year did NDSU get this draw)
                        2015, had to play them in Seattle. We made them sweat a bit but their bigs were just too much. Dex played out of his mind, maybe Daum can go crazy but Karnowski is a beast.

I don't think it is a great match up but I'm not really sure what would have been a lot better. UND gets Zona who is also very tough.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I think we can take ether Northwestern or Vandy in the second round.
                          A miracle win over the Zags and I love our chances against either of these teams. Don't know how Vandy got a 9 seed, they're not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            2015, had to play them in Seattle. We made them sweat a bit but their bigs were just too much. Dex played out of his mind, maybe Daum can go crazy but Karnowski is a beast.

I don't think it is a great match up but I'm not really sure what would have been a lot better. UND gets Zona who is also very tough.
                            Daum prolly matches up well with Karnowski on the offensive end but not great on the defensive end. Gonna be a monumental challenge. Truly we will need Gonzaga to really stub their toe to have a chance.

Comment

The challenge is going to be keeping Daum out of foul trouble - you know the Zags will go right at him with the big man. If Theisen was healthier I would expect him to get some extended minutes, but even when healthy he has gotten in quick foul trouble against good post players.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                The challenge is going to be keeping Daum out of foul trouble - you know the Zags will go right at him with the big man. If Theisen was healthier I would expect him to get some extended minutes, but even when healthy he has gotten in quick foul trouble against good post players.
                                Im guessing thats been everyone's strategy against us since we went man. Daum has done a remarkable job of staying out of foul trouble. I expect us to double hard on Karnowski to help keep Daum from picking up fouls.

Comment

Working...
                                X