Connor Mayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor Mayes

UofM sometime starting OL Connor Mayes announces transfer. Gopherhole.com suggesting SDSU as landing spot.

Re: Connor Mayes

Would he be a grad transfer situation?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Would he be a grad transfer situation?
      Possibly, but doesn't matter. Football going from FBS to FCS you can play right away.

Comment

I believe he has played for 3 seasons and has not redshirted, so I would doubt that he would be graduating after only attending for 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I believe he has played for 3 seasons and has not redshirted, so I would doubt that he would be graduating after only attending for 3 years.
          6'5" 330# 3 star recruit and he started a number of games at OL for the Gophers. This Texas kid may be a player that would help.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Yes, he would have one year left. Huge boost to the OL!

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
              UofM sometime starting OL Connor Mayes announces transfer. Gopherhole.com suggesting SDSU as landing spot.
              He's following Eck on Twitter. But he's also following a Memphis coach and a few West Virginia coaches. He's plenty good enough to start on an FBS team. He'd be a steal for SDSU.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                He's following Eck on Twitter. But he's also following a Memphis coach and a few West Virginia coaches. He's plenty good enough to start on an FBS team. He'd be a steal for SDSU.
                Definitely a difference maker, lets hope he takes a liking to Coach Stig and the staff.

Comment

If he would end up here it would be interesting to see where he would end up playing. I think he's played mostly guard and maybe some center for the Gophers, and the Jacks have pretty good starters returning at those three spots. Not sure if he has played any tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    The key difference between coming here and those other schools is that he could play immediately at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      The key difference between coming here and those other schools is that he could play immediately at SDSU.
                      Agreed. He's a total long shot IMO. No connections here that I'm aware of. It'd be a heck of a job by Eck.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The question that FBS schools considering going after Mayes will have to consider is whether he is good enough to justify tying up a scholarship for two years to get one season of play. That may favor the Jacks or another FCS rogram.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The question that FBS schools considering going after Mayes will have to consider is whether he is good enough to justify tying up a scholarship for two years to get one season of play. That may favor the Jacks or another FCS rogram.
                          That's a good point. Didn't think of that.

Comment

He's good friends with Chris Strevelar. I haven't heard any rumors about interest in USD...just saying there's a tie in

Comment

Connor Mayes is going to end his career at TCU.

Comment

Working...
                              X