2017 NCAA tourney press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NCAA tourney press

One of the cool things about qualifying for the tournament is the variety of media exposure SDSU picks up. The "brand" rises a bit each time Scott Van Pelt puts on his net hat or Bleacher Report publishes a piece on Daum. Share it here if you find something interesting.

Omaha World-Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/sports/blogs/ma...a2cf63f45.html

NBC Sports:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...-need-to-know/

Re: 2017 NCAA tourney press

Previous
    Next

#GoJacks‏Verified account @GoJacksSDSU 19h19 hours ago

.@GoJacksMBB is hosting a 2017 Selection Show Watch Party at @CubbysBrookings on Sunday at 4:30! Come celebrate with us! pic.twitter.com/kMIhWbGbKI
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

2017 NCAA tourney press

Honestly with the whole San Diego State mix ups that happen too often, it really did help in exposure in terms of exposure on that show. To have one of ESPN's most popular personalities rep our gear on set once in a while is pretty solid. Wish we could get our helmet on the Russillo & Kanell show, but hey, this ain't bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Yesterday's Dan Patrick show featured Paul Pabst sporting a Jackrabbit shirt. They were playing "Where in the hell is that school?" Pretty funny stuff.

https://twitter.com/PaulPabst/status/839482054953807873
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Yesterday's Dan Patrick show featured Paul Pabst sporting a Jackrabbit shirt. They were playing "Where in the hell is that school?" Pretty funny stuff.

Lol, that's great. Surprised he was able to come up with Vermillion. Also surprised no one at least guessed Sioux Falls.

Comment

Did they just basically imply that USD was our satellite campus?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Lol, that's great. Surprised he was able to come up with Vermillion. Also surprised no one at least guessed Sioux Falls.
              You have to like the part where they call vermillion our satellite campus.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Best part is when they refer to the Marketing school in Vermillion as the satellite campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  Did they just basically imply that USD was our satellite campus?
                  Ha, I didn't catch that at first, but yes... which is an insult. Vermillion would be one of the last places I would want an SDSU satellite campus. That's not even smack... that's just a scientific fact.

Comment

Saw on Lunardi's new bracketology he has us in the play in game vs Mount St Mary's. Personally I like that, I watched their championship game and I think we rock them. They aren't terrible or anything but they didn't look like a team that would have been top in the Summit. I think I remember they have the shortest player in DI at something like 5'5. Just a fun fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

from Wikipedia, but here is what they have. I was looking to find how the shares work when your part of the play in games.

The two teams aren't officially in the tournament before the game is played. As recently as 1991, the NCAA has conducted play-in games (usually between champions of what were considered to be the weakest conferences[citation needed]) prior to the announcement of the brackets; the losers were not considered to have been in the tournament. Note that the losers of the current opening round game aren't credited with a tournament appearance for purposes of sharing in the NCAA basketball contract revenues, while the winners receive a share for being in the round of 64. Consequently, in 2001, Northwestern State technically became the first No. 16 seeded team to win a game in the men's NCAA tournament by virtue of the team's opening round victory.

haven't really found much about how that breaks down.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Play-in game participants earn a unit for their conference just like the round of 64 teams. If you win the play-in game and reach the round of 64 you earn 2 units, and earn an additional unit for each successive round. The unit values increase approx 2% per year. This year a unit is approximately $260,000 per year paid to the conference for 6 years. See this.
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ts/ncaa-money/

Comment

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/mik...aa-tournament/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            from Wikipedia, but here is what they have. I was looking to find how the shares work when your part of the play in games.

The two teams aren't officially in the tournament before the game is played. As recently as 1991, the NCAA has conducted play-in games (usually between champions of what were considered to be the weakest conferences[citation needed]) prior to the announcement of the brackets; the losers were not considered to have been in the tournament. Note that the losers of the current opening round game aren't credited with a tournament appearance for purposes of sharing in the NCAA basketball contract revenues, while the winners receive a share for being in the round of 64. Consequently, in 2001, Northwestern State technically became the first No. 16 seeded team to win a game in the men's NCAA tournament by virtue of the team's opening round victory.

haven't really found much about how that breaks down.
                            Well,they just made that statistic meaningless when every 16 seed before had to play against a number one seed.

Comment

Watching the CBS pregame show leading up to the B1G semi-finals. They have a video board in the background that shows auto-bids, and it's great to see that big Jackrabbit logo continue to flash every couple of minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X