• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 NCAA tourney press

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Bleacher Report - Ranking the 25 best players in the NCAA Tourney

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Daum is listed 17th along with some pretty impressive company. He's the only mid major player listed.

Comment

http://espn991.com/jackrabbits-sioux...ton-newspaper/

not sure if anyone else saw this yet. Pretty amusing.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just heard Coach TJ interviewed by Jim Rome on Rome's national sports show on NBC Sports Radio. TJ did a good job, and Rome was respectful. Rome got all of the references to SDSU and the Jackrabbits correct. He had obviously done some homework on the team and TJ, whose phone was getting bombarded by texts and / or calls during the interview. You could hear the beeps. The interview was good publicity for the Jacks.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Be forewarned, according to the Chewelah Independent, a range dispute is heating up near Chewelah, a metropolis of 2,600 people, so the managing editor, who wrote that condescending column, might be busy. But here is some contact information for him and the paper, if anyone would care to respond:

Email: Brandon@chewelahindependent.com

Phone: 509-935-8422
          Last edited by Jacked_Up; 03-15-2017, 12:42 PM.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I laughed. I love South Dakota and SDSU. I don't care what other people's misconceptions might be. Stay where you're at, we are doing quite well for ourselves over here.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sweet 16? Hmmpf, Daum is taking us to the Final 4!

2017 NCAA tournament: Here are nine big men that can carry their teams to a Final Four

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Be forewarned, according to the Chewelah Independent, a range dispute is heating up near Chewelah, a metropolis of 2,600 people, so the managing editor, who wrote that condescending column, might be busy. But here is some contact information for him and the paper, if anyone would care to respond:

Email: Brandon@chewelaindependent.com

Yeah, but little league signups are only open for three days.

Not sure how seriously I should take a weekly rag from a town whose name sounds like a Star Wars character, though.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Read it and it is exactly what the writer was looking for. CLICK BAIT.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Yeah, but little league signups are only open for three days.

Not sure how seriously I should take a weekly rag from a town whose name sounds like a Star Wars character, though.
                    First thing I thought too. wonder if he had a girlfriend from South Dakota break up with him and he wanted to take some odd shots at the state? Well to each his own.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If you get mad over something like that, then you need some real problems in your life. Who cares? I read it as an attempt at humor by someone who isn't that great of a writer and isn't that funny. IMO, the espn991 response isn't that great either. Came off as trying too hard to show how NOT mad they are.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Oops. I initially spelled Chewelah wrong in that email address a few posts back. Note the 'h' at the end.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Read it and it is exactly what the writer was looking for. CLICK BAIT.
                          Exactly. Weak attempt at humor with the hope of generating "clicks" so he can promote himself to advertisers. Harmless and a little bit funny.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Exactly. Weak attempt at humor with the hope of generating "clicks" so he can promote himself to advertisers. Harmless and a little bit funny.
                            Perhaps a USD communications degree? Yotemeal, if you're lurking here...suspiciously familiar writing style. You have relatives in Washington State? (Inside joke with Yotemeal, a classy guy who has a way with the pen and keyboard.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Email: Brandon@chewelahindependent.com

A small suggestion: probably best to send nothing to the guy. He's looking for a reaction. There's also a risk that any response will come across as "look, you dumb sumovabitch,...." and he'll turn that around and point at what he'll call "hicks" or something like that, and carry on with his little personal joke.
                              Harkness said it all in his column or piece on the Sioux Falls ESPN radio. Now just ignore the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                ... I love the State of South Dakota and SDSU....
                                MD: May I fix that for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X