Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Here's a real good read up on officials. Sounds like a pretty rough job.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...302-story.html

Comment

Here's something I found looking at team stats for the year. 12 players started a game this year (only Brown and Dykman didn't), and Daum & Telly were the only 2 to start every game. Not to mention that 3 starters at season's end were absolutely buried on the bench not that long ago. Been an interesting season, to say the least.
      Last edited by jacks1; 03-09-2017, 12:42 AM.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I don't think the NCAA refers to First Four games as "play-in" games. That's a media/fan term. All 68 teams are part of the tourney.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Here's an article out of Omaha talking about the last 8 seconds of the game, focused around Hollins and what led him there. Pretty cool story.

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-basket...0e24438b5.html

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
            Here's a real good read up on officials. Sounds like a pretty rough job.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...302-story.html
            Just wanted to say thanks for that link. What a great read! I had no idea that my favorite NFL official, Gene Steratore, also did NCAA games. Who needs Gatorade, water, or orange juice at halftime.....that man needs a Coke!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Just wanted to say thanks for that link. What a great read! I had no idea that my favorite NFL official, Gene Steratore, also did NCAA games. Who needs Gatorade, water, or orange juice at halftime.....that man needs a Coke!
              During his NFL bye week this past season, Steratore reffed a game at the Sanford Pentagon Showcase.

Comment

Woah the USD board is genuinely hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  There's a reason why we don't encourage dragging discussions from other boards (etc.) over here.

One of them is that it isn't fair to those users of those other boards, etc.

Another is that usually what gets dragged from one site to another is . . . well . . . let's just say the dragged-over discussions don't always represent the site users' best moments.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    There's a reason why we don't encourage dragging discussions from other boards (etc.) over here.

Another is that usually what gets dragged from one site to another is . . . well . . . let's just say the dragged-over discussions don't always represent the site users' best moments.
                    Fair enough

Comment

You should know from your name... Haters gonna hate. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

He's not wrong though.......lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          You should know from your name... Haters gonna hate. That's all there is to it.
                          Good point! Dirk Chatelain(Omaha World Herald) mentioned the officials being the 7th, 8th, and 9th men for SDSU, as well, in the championship game. I understand it's common, but it is a bit of an annoyance to have people discredit a team. I don't appreciate the notion that SDSU gets additional help. Reminder yet again to those haters, SDSU got called for a foul in the semifinals last year in which there was no contact and Rosga was falling out of bounds. It sent the best FT shooter in the conference to the line to win the game with 1 second left.

I just rewatched the last 13:30 of the championship game. I understand that I'm an SDSU fan, but I just can't for the life of me find any bias. There were two calls (a Howell And-1 and an entry pass to Daum at the block) where I thought they were sort of iffy calls on UNO. Kind of touchy for my liking. For UNO, there was a questionable call against Skyler on a rebound where both players went for the ball. Zach Jackson also traveled on the wing and it didn't get called.

At another instance, Daum got rode most of the way to the hoop and he finished through it. I was happy they didn't call anything. Likewise, Thurman powered into Daum one time, slightly displacing him, and he scored over Daum (who maintained verticality). Again, good no call.

SDSU fouled a lot in the second half and the refs rightfully called them for it. But earlier in the game I know there was a bad foul call on Daum when he was going up for a rebound, too. I didn't have time to rewatch the whole thing, but yeah, from 13:30 in the second half until the end, there should be absolutely no complaining about officiating.

Comment

SDSU got called for a foul in the semifinals last year in which there was no contact and Rosga was falling out of bounds. It sent the best FT shooter in the conference to the line to win the game with 1 second left.
                            The ball don't lie

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I don't think the NCAA refers to First Four games as "play-in" games. That's a media/fan term. All 68 teams are part of the tourney.
                              Coming from a wrestling background, I think of them as pigtails. I also think of those teams as unseeded. However, people are so conditioned to think of the seeds, that would just break some people.
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                              X