Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

#ChucktheRoundball

#DefendtheRoundball

#HashtagWars

#MichaelOrrisFanClub
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    #ChucktheRoundball

#DefendtheRoundball

#HashtagWars

#MichaelOrrisFanClub
    I'll sign on for that!

#ForAllTheMarbles

Comment

Jacks by 10. Maybe sneak to 15 line and have a chance to upset Gonzaga

Comment

Two things that help the Jacks tonight - Daum isn't likely to have two games like that in a row, and the Jacks will likely shoot better than 18% from three point land. I don't think fatigue will be that much of a factor. Both teams are playing three days in a row, and their main players still played 27-28 minutes last night. And the Jacks have played on Tuesday night before, which can't hurt.

Comment

I am hopeful and definitely pulling for the Jacks.

But I am a little concerned. That win, and the comeback that spurred it, took a TON of energy. Not that the games aren't always played hard, however... Omaha's guards are so quick. Wrong type of team to play with tired legs.

I'm not trying to be a downer... just realistic. This will not be an easy win. In fact, I would make the argument that the Jacks are the underdog. It's going to take a Herculean effort.

Comment

FYI -- Vegas has the Jacks as a 2.5 pt favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
              FYI -- Vegas has the Jacks as a 2.5 pt favorite.
              I think UNO has been a dog in all 3 games. They looked damn good last night. Jacks have to be physical with them and keep the turnovers to a minimum. I think it's going to be a battle.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I think UNO has been a dog in all 3 games. They looked damn good last night. Jacks have to be physical with them and keep the turnovers to a minimum. I think it's going to be a battle.
                I saw yesterday that they opened as favorites and it quickly shifted to IUPUI. Not sure who was betting IUPUI, but anyone paying attention had to have thought as UNO as the favorites last night.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I saw yesterday that they opened as favorites and it quickly shifted to IUPUI. Not sure who was betting IUPUI, but anyone paying attention had to have thought as UNO as the favorites last night.
                  Agree. I took them has a dog against IPFW.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I am hopeful and definitely pulling for the Jacks.

But I am a little concerned. That win, and the comeback that spurred it, took a TON of energy. Not that the games aren't always played hard, however... Omaha's guards are so quick. Wrong type of team to play with tired legs.

I'm not trying to be a downer... just realistic. This will not be an easy win. In fact, I would make the argument that the Jacks are the underdog. It's going to take a Herculean effort.
                    I would think the Jacks will try very hard to slow the game down. Omaha always wants to make it as fast as they can. Classic clash of styles.

Too bad IUPUI couldn't have put up more of a fight last night though, but both Omaha and SDSU are playing their third game in three days, and Omaha has about three hours less physical recovery time than SDSU does. Not sure how all of that plays out in the relative-fatigue-factor considerations.

I think one big key for SDSU will be to keep it close early. Omaha will definitely want to come out running and gunning. If SDSU plays more or less even with Omaha for the first ten minutes or so, I think SDSU's chances for a win go way, way, way up. If Omaha jumps out to a big early lead, then that's (obviously, duh) a sign of possible big trouble.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

In Omaha a month ago, Daum toyed with Thurman for 40 straight minutes. Thurman was jumping on every shot fake or closing too hard and it hurt him bad. I sure hope he can do the same tonight.

Hahn is the guy for UNO that scares the hell out of me. He's really freaking good and probably the most under the radar player in the league.

Comment

If anybody is like me and not able to watch on ESPN3 due to restrictions from only having internet through your provider and won't be able to watch, PS Vue is giving a free 7 day trial this week to anybody. All you have to do is set up an account and cancel before the end of the week. Also, you can pick any one of their plans to take for a test drive, so go ahead and treat yo self. For those of us who cut the cord with cable/dish TV anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          If anybody is like me and not able to watch on ESPN3 due to restrictions from only having internet through your provider and won't be able to watch, PS Vue is giving a free 7 day trial this week to anybody. All you have to do is set up an account and cancel before the end of the week. Also, you can pick any one of their plans to take for a test drive, so go ahead and treat yo self. For those of us who cut the cord with cable/dish TV anyways.

It is also on ESPN2.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            It is also on ESPN2.
                            Which he doesn't have access to because he's a cheap a.... I mean... he cut the cord with cable/dish TV.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              It is also on ESPN2.
                              Yeah I know. But for someone like me who just gets internet through Midco and uses ESPN3 to watch the games you aren't allowed to watch things on the real ESPN channels like ESPN2/U/NEWS because you don't have that "package".

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X