Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    It does come with the revenue of an extra "share" I believe. It's not all bad.
    Didn't say it was bad...and no doubt the athletic dept would spin it any way possible...any athletic dept would...whatever it takes to get more butts in seats and get recruits. I just couldn't take any fan seriously if they claimed a play in victory as a tournament win.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Didn't say it was bad...and no doubt the athletic dept would spin it any way possible...any athletic dept would...whatever it takes to get more butts in seats and get recruits. I just couldn't take any fan seriously if they claimed a play in victory as a tournament win.
      What if we were an 11 seed and won that play-in game? Would that count?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Have you seen them play this year? We want no part of Gonzaga! We do not match up well with their size not that many teams do.
        I agree. They chewed up and spit out a very good St Mary's team last night. When their bigs are in sync they are almost impossible to beat. And there are maybe a handful of players in the country who can match up with Williams-Goss.

I've seen some other bracketology with Summit champ (15 seed) matching up against Arizona (2 seed) in Salt Lake. Arizona is obviously a very good team, but they have losses to Gonzaga, Butler, and a humiliating blowout loss to Oregon. If Arizona plays its opening game like it did against Oregon, the 15 seed is going to beat them.

Comment

What if we were an 11 seed and won that play-in game? Would that count?
          No. A play-in game is a play-in game...winner gets in...meaning this game is not in.

Comment

I'm sorry I just don't get the interest in a play in game. In my opinion it's a slap in the face as we have won on our conference tournament and earned the automatic bid. I always thought the play in game was for bubble teams? I was listening to some national talk show on XM Radio say with our record we don't belong even with winning the tournament and USD should go instead and we should be sent to the NIT. His sidekick taunted him by saying didnt USD know they had to win the conference tournament to qualify for the NCAA tournament! Sidekick went on to praise our basketball program and football program giving TCU a heck of a game. Also went on to praise the Dakota Schools for upping their game!

Comment

No. A play-in game is a play-in game...winner gets in...meaning this game is not in.
              I guess I think of it like a wildcard game. To say wild card games don't count is silly. Its not what every team wants, but if its the best they can get they will take it. Its not as much hype and excitement, but its a great opportunity either way. I never really cared for the play in games since never had a rooting interest before, but if it works out that way, guess I will pay more attention to those games.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I guess I think of it like a wildcard game. To say wild card games don't count is silly. Its not what every team wants, but if its the best they can get they will take it. Its not as much hype and excitement, but its a great opportunity either way. I never really cared for the play in games since never had a rooting interest before, but if it works out that way, guess I will pay more attention to those games.
                You are making comparisons that don't work. Wild card games are part of the playoffs. The NCAA tournament is 64 teams. The play-in game is to get into the 64 teams. So it would not be a tournament win. The win would count as a win, but not a tournament win. Not saying the win isn't important or that nobody should care.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I'm sorry I just don't get the interest in a play in game. In my opinion it's a slap in the face as we have won on our conference tournament and earned the automatic bid. I always thought the play in game was for bubble teams? I was listening to some national talk show on XM Radio say with our record we don't belong even with winning the tournament and USD should go instead and we should be sent to the NIT. His sidekick taunted him by saying didnt USD know they had to win the conference tournament to qualify for the NCAA tournament! Sidekick went on to praise our basketball program and football program giving TCU a heck of a game. Also went on to praise the Dakota Schools for upping their game!
                  He has a weak argument must have needed something to talk about. Conference are allowed to decide how they qualify for the autobid. They choose the tournament champion because more often then not that's the best team at the end of the season. Anyone that has been paying any attention recognizes that SDSU and USD were the 2 best teams at the end. Jacks won the decisive game and followed that with a title. They deserve the autobid and I would argue as high as a 14 seed.

Summit RPI is around 18 out of 32 conferences. Jacks are the conference tourney champs and have been playing very well at the end of the season finishing 8-2 over the last 10 games. Bad losses came early in the year. Depending on what happens with the 14 conferences with a lower RPI then the Summit I think there is a strong argument for a 15 and maybe even a 14.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wanted to post this again. Mike Daum is in a contest for Mid-Major Player of the Year. Everyone can vote once per day, and Daum is currently behind. Please vote every day and tell more people about this!

https://collegecourtreport.com/award...year-fan-vote/
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

You are making comparisons that don't work. Wild card games are part of the playoffs. The NCAA tournament is 64 teams. The play-in game is to get into the 64 teams. So it would not be a tournament win. The win would count as a win, but not a tournament win. Not saying the win isn't important or that nobody should care.
                      You are factually wrong. The NCAA tournament IS 68 teams and the first four games are part of the tournament. You can discount those games all you want but your assertion that the NCAA tourney is 64 teams is incorrect.

Comment

Gee. A bison fan minimizing our place in the tournament before it even happens. Color me shocked. Its a 68 team tournament and the two games in Dayton are called "first four in" for a reason.

Comment

MLB wildcard games are a comparison that doesn't work? They are just a glorified play in game. I don't see how that can be any different then what this would be for the NCAA. I would argue it is the exact same thing.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            Wanted to post this again. Mike Daum is in a contest for Mid-Major Player of the Year. Everyone can vote once per day, and Daum is currently behind. Please vote every day and tell more people about this!

https://collegecourtreport.com/award...year-fan-vote/
                            That's because Sacred Heart fans haven't yet realized these things are stooooopid and a waste of time.

That being said, I voted on both of my available devices.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Gee. A bison fan minimizing our place in the tournament before it even happens. Color me shocked. Its a 68 team tournament and the two games in Dayton are called "first four in" for a reason.
                              Minimizing your place in the tournament? Could you have any more of a chip on your shoulder? Did I say I thought you should be a play in team? Did I even make any mention of what seed you should or shouldn't be? No. All I said is a hypothetical play in game does not count as a tournament win. That minimizes your place? Talk about reading comprehension.

Comment

You are factually wrong. The NCAA tournament IS 68 teams and the first four games are part of the tournament. You can discount those games all you want but your assertion that the NCAA tourney is 64 teams is incorrect.
                                You are correct...I just read up on it...I was wrong. The extra four teams are considered part of the tournament. A win would count...I retract my statement in full.

Comment

Working...
                                X