Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I think USD really messed up that last possession when they didn't get the ball to Mooney knowing we had to foul.

Also, watching the replay, on Orris game winner, its pretty fun (emotional) to see his mom in the stands (white longs sleeves behind coach henderson) bury her head in her arms when he hits the shot.
    They actually did, and we had two guys stand there and guard him without fouling him in the backcourt. It looks like we tried to funnel the pass to the Freshman and it worked.

Comment

Why didn't Hess play much?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        They actually did, and we had two guys stand there and guard him without fouling him in the backcourt. It looks like we tried to funnel the pass to the Freshman and it worked.
        Correct. I'm glad we showed patience there. As soon as Mooney passed it we fouled, didn't matter who it was, just so happened to be a Freshman, advantage Jacks.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Yankton newspaper has a great pic of Orris' game-winner.

http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...=image&photo=1

Comment

If you want to hear Tyler Merriam's play calling for that last shot, here you go! (My favorite part is at the end when he just lets listeners listen to the Jackrabbit fans cheer in the background! Man, was it loud!)
            https://soundcloud.com/tylermerriam/...-winner-vs-usd
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Double-teaming Daum comes at a price, and USD paid it. Orris had a great game from the start. Telly really played well, too.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Remember last year in the semis against Denver when they called a phantom foul on the sideline that sent Rosga (best FT shooter in the conference) to win the game? I cannot believe the refs went against Douple's inside job to make that bold call.

Or remember in 2014 when Steve Forbes of IPFW was allowed to physically abuse Cody Larson? Crazy refs.

Also, Hagedorn traveled on his last-second heave.

Comment

Is Assistant Coach Austin Hansen, an ex-Jack, in charge of USD's defense? Regardless, SDSU adjusted to USD's game and took over the second half.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

After watching the game on ESPN3, Telly's two perfectly clean blocks on Mooney taking it to the basket late in the game were unbelievable. And if you want to talk about missed calls, what Mooney did to Orris to get one of those shots off was obviously one.

Comment

Maybe the yoties fans should look right at their head coach for the reffing "issues". Smith was told over and over to stay in the coaching box and was relentlessly screaming at the refs throughout the first half when they were up double digits nearly the entire time (or so it felt like). And was even given a warning in the first half. And he continued to scream at them the second half. Those refs got sick and tired of Smith bitching and not staying in the box, and they quit giving him the calls he was hollering for in the first half. TJ is down 15 and standing there not saying a word. I'll admit, I wanted TJ to get a little more animated at them to get a call. I was wrong. Well done TJ.

And Burch-Manning is a hack. Deserved all 5 calls in the 8 minutes or whatever he played.

Comment

Everyone is talking about Reed's blocks, but he did something last night that's been forgotten, or just not realized by most, in the shuffle of things.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...13414077100032

Welcome to the 1,000 point club, Reed!
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Anyone have video of Telly's putback dunk?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                            Once a person watches the post game with Orris I don't think there is a way you can't love the guy.

Comment of the day: "Quite honestly, I'm not ready for my season to be over." I can almost imagine that he said that to himself in his head and decided to do something about it when his teammates were struggling to get anything going there in the first half. Senior leadership at it's finest!
                            My favorite comment was about how the guys were giving him grief earlier in the day and it gave him a little attitude. Honestly I wonder if some of his shooting problems (obviously not all, or even most. I mean, he's not a great shot) come from being told not to shoot perhaps? Having been the guy who was told not to shoot beyond x point (yeah, it was hs, but still) if you ever do attempt one outside of there your shot tends to be worse than it really is cause your worried about getting in trouble for it. I know when I wasn't in front of the coaches who told me that I shot pretty decent, but was absolute garbage on their teams. Maybe I'm way off base, but shooting is a pretty mental thing. I know watching him in several games I was begging for him to just shoot once to try to keep the other team a little bit honest. I'm not arguing that he be given free reign to shoot all the time like he's Telly or Hess, but giving him the green light on 2-3 per game could help maybe? Maybe he already has that, who knows. I'm just spitballing here. Not trying to say the coaches have been doing anything wrong either for sure, I think they've proven enough doubters wrong this season without adding me to the mix lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              Anyone have video of Telly's putback dunk?
                              At around 2:19 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAgCoY9qbM

Wish it was a better angle.

Comment

Working...
                              X