GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Could this be a complete sell out tonight? I would love to see the Denny packed to the ceiling, but I don't think it will fill all the way up. Probably going to set a single session record though.

Yotes opened the day as a 1 point favorite, but the line has quickly shifted, as the Jacks are now favored by 1 at most sites.

Re: GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Could this be a complete sell out tonight? I would love to see the Denny packed to the ceiling, but I don't think it will fill all the way up. Probably going to set a single session record though.

Yotes opened the day as a 1 point favorite, but the line has quickly shifted, as the Jacks are now favored by 1 at most sites.
    Didn't you call this?

Comment

Yesterday, while heading down to the Tournament from Brookings, our van passed by some road-kill; it was a dead coyote (not joking!) This was a sign! The women lost yesterday and the men will lose, too. usd will be heading back to Vermillion with their tails tucked between their legs and be playing somewhere in the NIT (still a good chance for them.) Excited for a great atmosphere tonight!

P.S. Don't forget to chant R-A-B-B-I-T-S in the middle of their school song. It just fits perfectly in that cheer of theirs.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Didn't you call this?
        I did. I should set lines.

Fwiw, the "pick center" behind ESPN's paywall predicts a 2.5 point victory for the Yotes. Their models are heavily driven by statistics though, and don't take into account the crowd advantage like the betting line would.

Also of note, Omaha is favored by 1 over IUPUI (ESPN predicts Omaha by 0.5). Pretty amazing for a 3/7 matchup. Should be another great game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Just as long as I'm not surrounded by a pack of 'Yote fans

Comment

GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Really need to have Howell not commit too many stupid turnovers because he decided to drive into 4 guys and get stuck trying to make a crazy indecisive pass midair.

The difference in the flow of the offense from when I got to watch us play up here in Fargo to now is incredible. In Fargo we had guys like Orris hand the ball to Daum on the perimeter and just stand there right next to him, no movement away from the ball, basically stand there and hope someone does something. Then Howell seemed to feel he had to force something to happen and constantly drove into situations he never should have and turn it over. Now there's a constant motion and fluidity that is a lot of fun to watch out there. We get into trouble when we stand around or the middle is clogged up. I'm going to say that Hess and Telly will be our two most important players for us to come out with a win tonight. If they are hitting shots, I love our chances. It will really open it up for Daum. If they struggle and no one picks up the slack, USeD will just pack the middle and make life hell for Mike, which will hurt his defense as well. Hit enough to keep them honest and I like our chances a lot. And don't let Mooney take the last shot for gods sake. Kid is clutch as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Biggest mens game in SD, between two SD teams, since the 1998 Regional Finals. Hopefully the game will be as well played as that one was.

If USD does happen to win tonight, which it doesn't appear they will based on how State's playing, but if they do will any of you guys be down by the box office looking to sell your tickets for the finals? As you know, most of us USD fans get our tickets session by session. So if we win, it's a race down to the ticket counter to try and get the last of the lower deck seats.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Really need to have Howell not commit too many stupid turnovers because he decided to drive into 4 guys and get stuck trying to make a crazy indecisive pass midair.

The difference in the flow of the offense from when I got to watch us play up here in Fargo to now is incredible. In Fargo we had guys like Orris hand the ball to Daum on the perimeter and just stand there right next to him, no movement away from the ball, basically stand there and hope someone does something. Then Howell seemed to feel he had to force something to happen and constantly drove into situations he never should have and turn it over. Now there's a constant motion and fluidity that is a lot of fun to watch out there. We get into trouble when we stand around or the middle is clogged up. I'm going to say that Hess and Telly will be our two most important players for us to come out with a win tonight. If they are hitting shots, I love our chances. It will really open it up for Daum. If they struggle and no one picks up the slack, USeD will just pack the middle and make life hell for Mike, which will hurt his defense as well. Hit enough to keep them honest and I like our chances a lot. And don't let Mooney take the last shot for gods sake. Kid is clutch as hell.

I agree with everything here.

Another thing I would like to see change is our late shot clock situations. Specifically I think it was the end of the first half last night where Orris ended up with an iso situation and took a jump shot. If I had to choose, that would literally be the last offensive option that I would go to in situations like that, or ever in the whole game for that matter, it's just a wasted possession. This isn't even being mean to Orris, it's just not his game and he knows it. There was another late shot clock situation, I think coming out of an out of bounds or time out where Orris had an iso and ended up with a jump shot. I really hope something went wrong for that to end up being the option we went to in those situations.

Comment

Really hope the SDSU crowd can bring it tonight. Was disappointed last night a little in the crowd intensity

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Really hope the SDSU crowd can bring it tonight. Was disappointed last night a little in the crowd intensity
                    I would imagine having a bunch of yote fans there should help bring out some competitive spirit in our fans.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Theisen out in warm ups for SDSU. Not limping. Hoping he can go and be effective tonight

Comment

#ChucktheRoundball

#DefendtheRoundball

#HashtagWars
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Can already tell yote fans are going to be waaaay more vocal tonight.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Offense looks ugly. USD D is really good.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Can already tell yote fans are going to be waaaay more vocal tonight.
                              Yup. SDSU fans need to be better

Comment

Working...
                              X