• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: vs USD in Round 2 of SLT

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    That video is incredible.

Comment

I started watching your game about half way through the first half. The comeback was slow and steady...seemed to start with about 2 minutes to go in the first half. The team really stepped up with all the attention showed to Daum. When USD sunk the 3 with about 30 seconds to go I figured it was over. Good coaching, playing, and the will to win made the difference. Well played Jacks. USD has been playing great ball the last half of the season...beating them when they had the advantage of a day off shows how far you guys have come. Well played.

(I got it in the right thread this time...yeah for me).

Comment

Much has been written about rebounds this season. Early in this game, when the coyotes were running away, they were out rebounding us by about 3 to one, mid teens compared to mid single digits. As that gap closed so did the gap in the score. We ended up winning the rebound battle, the second chance points battle, and the rest is history.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          Much has been written about rebounds this season. Early in this game, when the coyotes were running away, they were out rebounding us by about 3 to one, mid teens compared to mid single digits. As that gap closed so did the gap in the score. We ended up winning the rebound battle, the second chance points battle, and the rest is history.
          Rebounding and defense win games. Offense will take care of itself. Where did we hear this before?

Comment

Does this give anyone else the chills?

Several times this year Orris has talked about his "story" and hinted at struggles he's gone through. He's had an interesting road to get here. Has his journey been talked about anywhere similar to the one Midco did on Deondre last year?

Comment

Chris Childers on SiriusXM Full Ride just went on a ten minute rant to start the show how USD got jobbbed last night by the officials. Did he not watch the way the officials let USD guard Daum. Bump, dribble, bump, stop, pivot, bump........ He must know Craig Smith or something. Might be time for a phone call.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                Chris Childers on SiriusXM Full Ride just went on a ten minute rant to start the show how USD got jobbbed last night by the officials. Did he not watch the way the officials let USD guard Daum. Bump, dribble, bump, stop, pivot, bump........ He must know Craig Smith or something. Might be time for a phone call.

Go Rabbits!
                I can't see it. Being completely impartial...I think they let some stuff go...and if they had called more fouls it would have tipped more in SDSU's favor. All in all I think the officials called a pretty good game. Reed T. was the difference in the game...those blocked shots at the rim were critical. USD penetrated but came up empty without drawing the foul. SDSU penetrated and drew the foul and sometimes got the basket as well.

Comment

Once a person watches the post game with Orris I don't think there is a way you can't love the guy.

Comment of the day: "Quite honestly, I'm not ready for my season to be over." I can almost imagine that he said that to himself in his head and decided to do something about it when his teammates were struggling to get anything going there in the first half. Senior leadership at it's finest!

Comment

What a game. The guys showed guts and a will to win. You can't ask for anything more. Hopefully we'll have legs tonight. Rabbits opened as 1 1/2 favorite.

On a side note. I loved the blue uniforms. No black for this guy. Blue and yellow!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                      I decided to go over to the Coyote fan board just to soak in all the lame excuses....the best one.....God hates the Coyotes.... LOLOLOLOL
                      Ha! Because no way they were outplayed and outcoached in the second half. Their whole defensive scheme was to try to shutdown Daum and let the rest of the Jacks beat them. Well guess what? Daum still got his 18 and the rest of the team beat them in the second half.

Comment

Somewhat lost in the excitement of the scoring, and hitting the game winner.

Also worth noting... Orris played phenomenal defense. He made a couple of big strip steals, (once on a 3 on 1 fastbreak by the Yotes, he broke up the play and got a steal).

AND... he switched over to guarding Mooney the last 5 minutes or so. It had been Severyn and King earlier on in the game. (and yes, it was Orris on him, for both of his last 2 threes.) but he didn't let him penetrate... I believe right before the timeout when Orris switched to him, was when Mooney made that drive with the reverse layup.

Comment

Howell also made some huge shots in the second half last night. He hasn't gotten much press, but he can be a very efficient scorer, and his rebounding has been a big boost as well.

Comment

I think USD really messed up that last possession when they didn't get the ball to Mooney knowing we had to foul.

Also, watching the replay, on Orris game winner, its pretty fun (emotional) to see his mom in the stands (white longs sleeves behind coach henderson) bury her head in her arms when he hits the shot.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

How many amazing/dagger shots has SDSU had during the time we've been playing in the Summit League Tournament? What a time to be alive!
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Howell also made some huge shots in the second half last night. He hasn't gotten much press, but he can be a very efficient scorer, and his rebounding has been a big boost as well.
                                We talked about that during the game. Sure some bad turnovers again. But if they don't clog the lane howell can score very effectively on one on one if he doesn't have to dribble to much to get started. Seemed he had more points then he did.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X