X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs Denver in Round 1 of the SLT

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Hell maybe even a month ago.

I'll say it again we may be the best team in the summit and I dont think it takes a super thick pair of blue glasses to think that.
    I still think USD is better team overall top to bottom. We have the best player. And we'll have the crowd. Hopefully that's enough!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'll say it again we may be the best team in the summit and I dont think it takes a super thick pair of blue glasses to think that.
      We'll know in two days. Telly starting hot, and the quick fouls on DU'so Bobbitt & DU'so center were the things which led to the Jacks win. If and when Jacks encounter a team that can stifle Daum, Jacks will be in trouble. Just don't see a team in Summit that can do that stifling.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I still think USD is better team overall top to bottom. We have the best player. And we'll have the crowd. Hopefully that's enough!
        Pressure is on USD IMO with them being the favorite. USD has never gotten past the semi's. I expect a crowd of 75-25 in favor of SDSU. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          And you could be right. Im just really excited how we are playing. Its really remarkable as you said. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Pressure is on USD IMO with them being the favorite. USD has never gotten past the semi's. I expect a crowd of 75-25 in favor of SDSU. Can't wait!
            They are the seeded favorite, but I would venture to guess that SDSU will be favored in Vegas.

Comment

It's funny how a few tweaks in rotation and switching to man has a completely different outcome. Instead of giving up 90 points a game we are now hovering around 65. Part of the reason we were in zone was to keep daum out of foul trouble and to help his production on offense.however it's worked opposite as he has been completely dominant the last 10 games.

i think we got this game tomorrow guys!!!! The team is looking great and they seem to just be playing at a higher level. This will be a home game tomorrow ...just need to keep mooney to an ok game and not a career game. He is the one that makes that team tick imo

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                That block
                https://youtu.be/rAre0fgssIo

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  That's how you bring the house down! I heard TJ referring to King as his "pit bull" on last week's radio coaches' show. He even made some barking sound effects.

Another awesome SLT day for SDSU is in the books. Anything more from the men really is just gravy in this rebuilding year.

Comment

Kings block was impressive.

me personally this wasn't a rebuilding year at all. Beat mid major in the country and home court in summit league.

if you follow Jordan Majewski on twitter he is the ultimate guru in midmajor basketball and neutral opinion. He had the jacks beating ndsu in the finals by 6.

Comment

Any word on Theisen? Also what happened to Wallace?

Comment

As a DU fan, I have to say how impressed we are with Mike Daum. He is the real deal - and unstoppable. I think everything lines up for South Dakota State in this tournament. Here is our write-up from the game:
                        https://letsgodu.com/2017/03/05/sout...on/#more-42360

Best of luck - but not sure you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by timt89 View Post
                          As a DU fan, I have to say how impressed we are with Mike Daum. He is the real deal - and unstoppable. I think everything lines up for South Dakota State in this tournament. Here is our write-up from the game:

Thanks for stopping by and posting a link. Solid write up.

Comment

We will take all the luck we can get.

As far as Daum, he's unreal. He can score at an amazingly high level in so many different ways I'm not sure he can be stopped. I don't think he has a weakness on the offensive end.

Comment

Very impressive win. The movement on offense leading to layups is incredible. This team now plays DEFENSE and REBOUNDS!!!

SDSU is a really good team right now, no doubt about it. It still feels like SDSU fans are leery to get fully onboard with this team after their rough start. The crowd last night was large but subdued in my opinion.

Regardless of our past struggles this year we now have as good a shot as any of the past few years to win this thing. Need everyone up tonight!!!

On a side note......How about the Summit Sophomore class?? Daum, Mooney, Konchar, Rosga, Bobbit. This league is going to be tough for at least the next few years. Very few impact Seniors in the league this year.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. Its hard to imagine C.J. Bobbitt scoreless in the second half. He is a dandy of a athlete. So do we credit half time adjustments by our staff? Or did he just lose some momentum. I suspect a combination of both.

Comment

Working...
                                X