2017 Summit Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

The other schools recognize that Summit League tourney is in Sioux Falls for the foreseeable future. Bringing in UND only heightens keeping in Sioux Falls. As Jake points out, all they need to do is outbid out attend Sioux Falls. Only likely opponent would be Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      The other schools recognize that Summit League tourney is in Sioux Falls for the foreseeable future. Bringing in UND only heightens keeping in Sioux Falls. As Jake points out, all they need to do is outbid out attend Sioux Falls. Only likely opponent would be Omaha.
      Seriously though, with UND entering Summit, could you ever see Fargo making a competitive bid?

Comment

Here a few reasons why this Tournament won't leave Sioux Falls.

It's still exciting for the Dakotas to have Division I schools.
        People really like basketball out here in the middle of nowhere. It's also really easy when your teams play well.
        People support each other well in the Dakotas; just look at how well high schools are supported in post-season play.
        The Dakotas do not have any major sporting teams, such as the NFL or NBA, so the focus for major sports rest mostly on college teams. (I don't count Skyforce. Sorry.)
        Sioux Falls keeps breaking attendance records which means money for The Summit League.

I'm sure we can all think of many others, but these are usually the first ones that come to my mind.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Let's be real here too. We've been really good in Sioux Falls but a large part of the reason is we've had really good teams. The crowd doesn't hurt but let's be honest if we had a ****ty teams others wouldn't be complaining.
          There weren't many complaints when Oakland won 2 in a row in Sioux Falls.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Seriously though, with UND entering Summit, could you ever see Fargo making a competitive bid?
            No,the Fargodome is bad for basketball. UND would never bid with the Ralph as it has NCHC hockey playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
              No,the Fargodome is bad for basketball. UND would never bid with the Ralph as it has NCHC hockey playoffs.
              I wasn't really considering Grand Forks as an option. UND was mentioned because of its proximity to Fargo, which would be similar to SDSU and USD's relative to Sioux Falls, although Sioux Falls is that "neutral" site IPFW's mascot was lamenting, and Fargo would not be.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                I kind of felt sorry for them when their initial cheer was "D-E-N-V-E-R. We are ... Den-ver." Perhaps they hamstring themselves by having a three-syllable nickname. The Jacks had foresight and ensured ours could be shortened to "Jacks." Guess they could refer to themselves as the "Pies."
                They already do refer to themslves I've seen as the "Pio's".

Comment

Omaha leads Western 47-39 at the half. Shaw with 19 pts for Omaha.

Western is 5-20 from deep.

Comment

Omaha using an interesting defensive scheme on Clemens. Playing her like teams do Lexi and so far seems to be working through the first half.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      Omaha using an interesting defensive scheme on Clemens. Playing her like teams do Lexi and so far seems to be working through the first half.
                      So,they get a little bit "dumbfounded" for lack of a better word,when Emily's not running the show.Not hitting their threes,too.I think Kelly Stewert on Midco mentioned a third of their shots are three pointers....big portion of their offense not working right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        So,they get a little bit "dumbfounded" for lack of a better word,when Emily's not running the show.Not hitting their threes,too.I think Kelly Stewert on Midco mentioned a third of their shots are three pointers....big portion of their offense not working right now.
                        8 of 32 on 3's, 20 of 56 overall.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I remember following the girls AAU ,or club teams, that competed in the "Miss Basketball" tournaments .Shaw's name was alway's among (usually 1st) the scoring leaders,so I was familiar with her name when she became a Maverick and knew she would be a good player for them..We've got some really good players that have participated in those tournaments.Not quite as prestigious as the Nat'l tournaments North Tartan and other club teams participate in,but good solid players ,as attested to by Shaws career in the Summit League.I alway's wondered if we offered her a scholarship.I'm thinking we probably did,but her being a Nebraska girl,she probably opted to play closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            8 of 32 on 3's, 20 of 56 overall.
                            Closer to 2/3 than 1/3.

Comment

Now 11-36 on 3's, 25-62 overall.

12-38, made another as I typed that......Just hit another...I give up!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Bad for Omaha they (W. Ill) are starting to even out their 3 pt shooting percentage....got to admit,they don't ever give up on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X