Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Summit Tournament

Default Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

2018 Summit League Tournament tickets now on sale.These are just for 1-year tickets and not the 2-year tickets.
    http://www.thesummitleague.org/tickets/index

That was a big joke! The only seats they showed eligible to buy, were in the far west area seating, and four sections at the very top on each side of the arena. That is trying to get people to bite on the all-session ticket for those seats, meaning that if they are successful, better seats will be available later and in demand by more ticket buyers IMHO. Those upper sections have not even been filled for the championship games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    That was a big joke! The only seats they showed eligible to buy, were in the far west area seating, and four sections at the very top on each side of the arena. That is trying to get people to bite on the all-session ticket for those seats, meaning that if they are successful, better seats will be available later and in demand by more ticket buyers IMHO. Those upper sections have not even been filled for the championship games.
    Agreed, I was disappointed with the selection. I assume they're holding better seats for a release where you have to buy 2 or 3 years worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Agreed, I was disappointed with the selection. I assume they're holding better seats for a release where you have to buy 2 or 3 years worth.
    After sponsors, team/school and the people who bought the 2-year plan that is what is left in the lower bowl.

They just had their major sale of 2 year plans 3 or 4 months ago, so I doubt they are holding anything back for that type of future sales.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    After sponsors, team/school and the people who bought the 2-year plan that is what is left in the lower bowl.
    I talked to a couple(who sit near us in Frost Arena) who bought the 2 year tickets at the SLT. They could not do any better than the end below the bar. The first seats they were considering disappeared before they made up their mind. They said yes immediately on the next choice.

I'm just really thankful the SF sports authority gave people the option to renew their 2-year agreement. They didn't need to do that but they did and I for one am very thankful. I made sure to let them know that. If they keep this up then those on the 2-year plan essentially have season tickets to the SL tourney. I'm sure those on the outside looking in would strongly disagree with me but if they are Yote fans then I don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    IIRC, there are quite a few PSL's (personal seat licenses) at the Denny.

People with PSL's essentially get first right of refusal for any event in the facility. Those tickets never hit the open market for the SLT as pretty much anyone with a PSL will either use the tickets themselves or know someone who wants them.

If a person really wanted good seats bad enough, they could contact the Denny about getting a PSL. Before the Denny opened, people paid about $600 per seat for PSL's. I would guess the cost is higher than that now.
    ďI used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what Iím with isnít it, and whatís it seems scary and wierd. Itíll happen to you.Ē ó Abe Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    IIRC, there are quite a few PSL's (personal seat licenses) at the Denny.

People with PSL's essentially get first right of refusal for any event in the facility. Those tickets never hit the open market for the SLT as pretty much anyone with a PSL will either use the tickets themselves or know someone who wants them.

If a person really wanted good seats bad enough, they could contact the Denny about getting a PSL. Before the Denny opened, people paid about $600 per seat for PSL's. I would guess the cost is higher than that now.
    Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have ponied up for a set of 4 PSL's, maybe gone in with a group together. What would happen if someone wanted to sell a PSL now? Is there a waiting list to get on or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have ponied up for a set of 4 PSL's, maybe gone in with a group together. What would happen if someone wanted to sell a PSL now? Is there a waiting list to get on or something?
    I wanted 2 seats initially and never got notified of the sale. They were gone in a hurry. I've been in contact with them and they say I'm on a waiting list......I don't know that I'll ever get seats.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.