Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's hot, Who's not.

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    During conference play (excluding last Saturday), Theisen was averaging almost 8 ppg and shooting 65% from the field and 57% from three. Not exactly my definition of a liability.
    Quit looking at the numbers. I remember when Theisen came down the court slowly the last time at the Omaha game after going down on the defensive end. He hobbled to the corner on the baseline. No one picked him up from the Mavs and the pass to the corner resulted in a 3 point score by Theisen. He went to the bench soon after that play. It is hard to understand why all the players do not have the same talents and they must be relegated to being role players. It is amazing he was recruited by anyone....or he might be fooling the coaches....or
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      During conference play (excluding last Saturday), Theisen was averaging almost 8 ppg and shooting 65% from the field and 57% from three. Not exactly my definition of a liability.
      You can cherry pick stats all day... Look at the season long stats. I'm not saying he's terrible, he's a role player that we need because we don't have another option for a big man. However, he's our 8th or 9th best player. A man of his stature should have much higher rebounding numbers.

Comment

I know I've posted this website before. Interesting data heading into the SLT. The Rabbits are at their highest percentage of the season to take the title next Tuesday night. I still find it interesting that this site still likes IPFW. Obviously they're not taking into consideration "who is hot" when prediciting the Dons. 5-5 in their last 10.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/con...eague-bracket/

Go Rabbits!

Comment

It's a conference tournament, so obviously anybody can get hot and win the thing, but I would be pretty surprised if it's not USD or SDSU that wins the tournament. USD has certainly looked like the best team this year, but SDSU is the hottest team right now. If SDSU plays like they have been then they will win the tournament. NDSU has not been playing well. I don't think the day of rest is much of an advantage. These kids are used to playing 3-4 games a day in AAU, it's not a big deal for them to play back to back nights. Ya, I get that AAU games are played with the same intensity, but I also feel 18-22 year olds don't have a problem with playing on back to back nights.
          What has happened to Denver down the stretch of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
            It's a conference tournament, so obviously anybody can get hot and win the thing, but I would be pretty surprised if it's not USD or SDSU that wins the tournament. USD has certainly looked like the best team this year, but SDSU is the hottest team right now. If SDSU plays like they have been then they will win the tournament. NDSU has not been playing well. I don't think the day of rest is much of an advantage. These kids are used to playing 3-4 games a day in AAU, it's not a big deal for them to play back to back nights. Ya, I get that AAU games are played with the same intensity, but I also feel 18-22 year olds don't have a problem with playing on back to back nights.
            What has happened to Denver down the stretch of the season?
            They have games and practice all week during the season. so the teams that win Saturday are going to spend some time practicing on sunday and teams that play sunday will practice on Saturday. a deeper team has more of an advantage IMO.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
            X