Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's hot, Who's not.

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    NDSU is the favorite on the men's side. Been there done that, USD hasn't and hopefully plays us. NDSU is the only team I'm scared of, we could lay an egg against Denver as well.
    I think this about covers it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
      NDSU is the favorite on the men's side. Been there done that, USD hasn't and hopefully plays us. NDSU is the only team I'm scared of, we could lay an egg against Denver as well.
      I agree. I was hoping we would get matched up with USD before the tournament. Gotta get by Denver though.

I think NDSU will get taken out by IPFW/Omaha. By the way, can't wait for that matchup on Sunday night after the Jacks game.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I had seen on Twitter that the USD men did this, and to my recollection neither of our teams ever had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
        I dont ever remember us doing it either. But then our goal is to win the Summit Tourney and go to the big dance. Winning the regular season title is an accomplishment but not worthy of cutting down the nets. But i guess to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I dont ever remember us doing it either. But then our goal is to win the Summit Tourney and go to the big dance. Winning the regular season title is an accomplishment but not worthy of cutting down the nets. But i guess to each their own.
          sort of like rushing the court. that is only something that should be done under certain conditions. not just beating your rival.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

As far as I can remember, SDSU cuts the nets for championships of conference tournaments and up. Don't remember any net-cutting for regular season championships.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              sort of like rushing the court. that is only something that should be done under certain conditions. not just beating your rival.

And that happened the first couple years they beat us down there. I guess i dont know if it happened this year or not. It would be dangerous for our students to rush the court. Rushing the court should be done on a last second shot like the Syracuse/Duke game last year or the Indiana/Kentucky game a few years ago. Or if a team really sucks and they beat a rival or a top ranked team. Or better yet, just celebrate in the stands so someone doesnt get hurt.

Comment

Rushing the court is just silly, especially against a rival. But a lot of teams cut down the nets for a regular season title. Correct me if wrong, but I do not think your men have ever won the summit league regular season outright? It makes a difference...You don't see 3 teams cutting down nets when they tie. But all in all, it depends on the coach and their philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                  Rushing the court is just silly, especially against a rival. But a lot of teams cut down the nets for a regular season title. Correct me if wrong, but I do not think your men have ever won the summit league regular season outright? It makes a difference...You don't see 3 teams cutting down nets when they tie. But all in all, it depends on the coach and their philosophy.
                  I know what our philosophy will be. Act like youve been there. Im fine with never winning the title outright. We've been to the big dance 3 times. Thats all the matters.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I know what our philosophy will be. Act like youve been there. Im fine with never winning the title outright. We've been to the big dance 3 times. Thats all the matters.
                    Ok....And agreed that's the ultimate goal.

Comment

Ok....And agreed that's the ultimate goal.
                      We have shared 3 regular season titles, been the the big dance 3 times. Does it matter if you shared or won it alone?

Comment

Yes, If the "it" is cutting down the nets

Comment

Sorry if i dont get excited about the "cutting down the nets" process. Maybe some A or B schoolers will cut down the net when they win the conference , district or region. Or the ESD will do it when they win their district or region. And they will all do it if they win the state tourney. Get excited when you cut the nets down next Tuesday night....or hopefully not
                          Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 02-28-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Moving the goal post.

Comment

This tournament is going to be amazing! Literally, anyone but Western Illinois is a threat.

USD- won 6 straight, they have to be considered favorites but postseason they have no positive experience. But, SDSU beat them at home when USD didn't have Flack and almost in Verm down 2 starters. Really playing well as a team.
                              NDSU- not exactly hot but well coached and know what it takes in SF. Expect them to win their side of bracket.
                              Omaha- Man, they can score. Not consistent and poor defensively. Just don't see them stringing 3 together.
                              SDSU- Best offensive team in league. Daum is white-hot. Really coming together late. Worry about depth. They have to have great feeling on that court and it will be loud. Can they be good for 3 straight games?

USD and NDSU definitely have an advantage by playing Saturday. SDSU has the huge home court advantage!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Are you telling me that if teams tie for the conference championship, no team wins the conference that season?
                                How do they pick who gets the auto bid to the NIT, is the number one seed in the conference tournament and things like that?
                                It doesn't take much to confuse me but maybe they just rock-paper-scissors it for those things.

What happens if you win the conference championship on the road the last game of the season, do you cut their nets down or go home and have a party and cut the nets down in your gym?

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other but this is just some stuff to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X