GDT: Conference finale-SDSU vs Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Conference finale-SDSU vs Denver

To me there's a big difference between "blowing rainbows" and showing a little tolerance for a player who has had maybe one or two practices after going about a month without being able to do little, if any conditioning because of a bad ankle(s).

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Anyone know what's up with El-Darwich? Is he hurt?
      It seems like Zimmer has noted several times that El-Darwich had some type of nagging injury and that by the time he recovered he had been buried on the depth chart. Orris has been playing something like 33 minutes per game since the Summit season started.

I hope Sergio sticks around. He looked decent for an early-season true freshman and you don't find a lot of 6'4 point guards at this level.

Comment

I encourage everyone to watch the player press conference from last night. The two seniors are two of the most well spoken athletes I've listened to at any level. What great guys to bring in for a year.

Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          To me there's a big difference between "blowing rainbows" and showing a little tolerance for a player who has had maybe one or two practices after going about a month without being able to do little, if any conditioning because of a bad ankle(s).
          Exactly. It's one thing to point out he struggled because he wasn't good. Completely different to comment about how he put on weight when he spent the last month or two in a walking boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            It seems like Zimmer has noted several times that El-Darwich had some type of nagging injury and that by the time he recovered he had been buried on the depth chart. Orris has been playing something like 33 minutes per game since the Summit season started.

I hope Sergio sticks around. He looked decent for an early-season true freshman and you don't find a lot of 6'4 point guards at this level.
            Agree. From what I can notice on TV he at least looks engaged. Yesterday the few times I could see the benches reaction Wallace looked like he'd rather be just about anywhere but Frost. Does he always look like that?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Exactly. It's one thing to point out he struggled because he wasn't good. Completely different to comment about how he put on weight when he spent the last month or two in a walking boot.
              Last week Hess played a few minutes against Ft Wayne. This week Hess played 13 minutes and he looked ready to contribute. Theisen is at least a week behind Hess with his recovery. He played 9 minutes and I would hope that 8 days will help his recovery and that he is able to get on the bike or run or whatever the trainers decide he is able to handle to get into some type of game shape. During the time these guys were on the bench, Coach Otz has been able to find some more help off the bench. Hess and Theisen will likely be contributors in the SLT. I am not sure how it looked on TV, but the team displayed great energy and confidence on the floor and they are looking to be on the same page with each other most of the time. They only had 9 turnovers at a quicker paced game.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Agree. From what I can notice on TV he at least looks engaged. Yesterday the few times I could see the benches reaction Wallace looked like he'd rather be just about anywhere but Frost. Does he always look like that?
                Yes. I sit across from the bench. He always seems pretty low key. Thiesen is one of those guys you always know what he's thinking.

Beau Brown has also gotten more high fives as guys were leaving the court. Early in the year it was hit or miss. (That's been a running joke for us all year)
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Last week Hess played a few minutes against Ft Wayne. This week Hess played 13 minutes and he looked ready to contribute. Theisen is at least a week behind Hess with his recovery. He played 9 minutes and I would hope that 8 days will help his recovery and that he is able to get on the bike or run or whatever the trainers decide he is able to handle to get into some type of game shape. During the time these guys were on the bench, Coach Otz has been able to find some more help off the bench. Hess and Theisen will likely be contributors in the SLT. I am not sure how it looked on TV, but the team displayed great energy and confidence on the floor and they are looking to be on the same page with each other most of the time. They only had 9 turnovers at a quicker paced game.
                  You and others probably noticed Ian tried to take up to the hoop and he got tied up. Something really rookie, but poor guy is like you said
                  still in recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I encourage everyone to watch the player press conference from last night. The two seniors are two of the most well spoken athletes I've listened to at any level. What great guys to bring in for a year.

Agreed - interesting comments and seemingly very good teammates. Their closing remarks about the SLT got me fired up to experience it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X