NCAA Allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Allocations

Conference allocations should be released today. Exciting time for the JACKS.

Re: NCAA Allocations

Here is a link to the allocations:
    http://news.theopenmat.com/college-w...nnounced/61978

Comment

Not a lot of surprises there, from what I can tell. SDSU should be able to qualify five: 133, 149, 165, 174, and 197. Of those five weights, David Kocer may have the toughest road at 174 with only 3 spots and 4-5 quality wrestlers. However, he could also be the #1 seed which would help.

Outside shot at 141 I would think. Would have loved to see one more spot at 157, as I think Logan Peterson could have snuck in there. He's wrestling really well right now and just seems to win matches. I'd say 6 qualifiers would be a great weekend for the team. 5 should be expected. 4 or less would be a disappointment.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Not a lot of surprises there, from what I can tell. SDSU should be able to qualify five: 133, 149, 165, 174, and 197. Of those five weights, David Kocer may have the toughest road at 174 with only 3 spots and 4-5 quality wrestlers. However, he could also be the #1 seed which would help.

Outside shot at 141 I would think. Would have loved to see one more spot at 157, as I think Logan Peterson could have snuck in there. He's wrestling really well right now and just seems to win matches. I'd say 6 qualifiers would be a great weekend for the team. 5 should be expected. 4 or less would be a disappointment.
        The lose to the Utah Valley kid could hurt him but the head to head over Crutchmer & Weatherspoon should definitely help, hard not to give him the #1 seed

Comment

Seeds released for Big 12 Tournament. Seth Gross and David Kocer receive #1 seeds. It's' gonna be a fun but difficult tournament.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Looks like JR1979 was spot on with his projections of who would qualify. Listed below are the seeded wrestlers projected to make it based on allocation numbers:

133 - #1 seed Seth Gross (4 qualifiers from Big 12)
            149 - #2 seed Alex Kocer (4 qualifiers)
            165 - #4 seed Luke Zilverberg (5 qualifiers)
            174 - #1 seed David Kocer (3 qualifiers)
            197 - #2 seed Nate Rotert (5 qualifers)

Besides Logan Peterson at 141, I think Martin Mueller has a shot at 184. He's seeded third, but only two qualify from the Big 12. Nolan Boyd from OSU is a virtual lock, but #2 seed Dylan Gabel from UNC is beatable. In the dual matchup on January 8th, Gabel held off Mueller 7-4.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              Looks like JR1979 was spot on with his projections of who would qualify. Listed below are the seeded wrestlers projected to make it based on allocation numbers:

133 - #1 seed Seth Gross (4 qualifiers from Big 12)
              149 - #2 seed Alex Kocer (4 qualifiers)
              165 - #4 seed Luke Zilverberg (5 qualifiers)
              174 - #1 seed David Kocer (3 qualifiers)
              197 - #2 seed Nate Rotert (5 qualifers)

Besides Logan Peterson at 141, I think Martin Mueller has a shot at 184. He's seeded third, but only two qualify from the Big 12. Nolan Boyd from OSU is a virtual lock, but #2 seed Dylan Gabel from UNC is beatable. In the dual matchup on January 8th, Gabel held off Mueller 7-4.
              Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've had a Big 12 Champion yet. IIRC Pack and Rotert each dropped decisions in the finals last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've had a Big 12 Champion yet. IIRC Pack and Rotert each dropped decisions in the finals last year.
                You are correct

Comment

Is anyone planning on going down for the Big 12 Tournament? I know the basketball tournament is happening at the same time, but it would be nice to have a small contingent heading down to support the Jacks (and give updates on here.)
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                  X