Thin Skin III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thin Skin III

I still hate sharing the front page with that school.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      I still hate sharing the front page with that school.

Go Rabbits!
      Like myself, u are old school get your information from news from
      newspapers. Other sources are taking over.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 02-22-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I really hope the Jackrabbit men get to play (and, once again, beat) the Yoties in the SL Tourney. What the headlines say the next day will be of little concern.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I started as a j-school major in the early sixties but only took a couple of courses from Paul Jess. Remember his comment that the production and delivery costs of a newspaper were approximately double the sales price-- that is if a paper cost a nickel there was a dime of newsprint and gasoline in there that had to be offset with advertising.

If that was true, I'm unable to figure out why an all advertising model on the web wouldn't be better. As I write this, there's all sorts of email chatter back and forth by people in my subdivision that they can't get delivery of the Post Dispatch. No wrappers, ruined by rain,; not delivered for days on end (I got several weekend papers that I didn't want or order). Repeated calls to the paper go unanswered, they tell them to call the delivery agent but the circulation department has no idea of who that is. Many of my neighbors state that they are cancelling after subscribing for fifty years.

I try to support papers by clicking on any display ad I find interesting, but don't want or need newsprint at this stage of my life. I just for the life of me can't figure out why cutting down trees and driving trucks around to mis-deliver papers is any kind of sustainable business model.

Comment

Newspaper ads have lost value as readership has shifted from paper products to the web. Vast competition on the web, coupled with the reduced overhead of web products, are factors. Newspapers, magazines, TV and radio are all fighting similar economic battles. Advertising income is primarily what has sustained traditional media outlets, and there is more competition for advertising dollars than ever before. Which reminds me: Remember to thank Filbert and his team of moderators for providing and maintaining this site. It fills a growing gap in fan information provided by other media in the region.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Which reminds me: Remember to thank Filbert and his team of moderators for providing and maintaining this site. It fills a growing gap in fan information provided by other media in the region.
              IMO, this site is the best place to get info about SDSU sports. The only downside is having to wade through the drivel created by posters like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                IMO, this site is the best place to get info about SDSU sports. The only downside is having to wade through the drivel created by posters like myself.
                I agree. You suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  I agree. You suck.
                  http://giphy.com/gifs/chuck-norris-t...-BIuuwHRNKs15C

Comment

I was told today that the Argus only has around 18,000 subscribers that get the actual newspaper delivered to their door. It's a thing of the past for sure and it's not coming back.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                    X