Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATIONAL DUALS 2017: Jackrabbits vs the Boilermakers

Today's the day!

It's time for the Wrestling team to make another statement in the collegiate wrestling world. A Big Ten school is a Big Ten school, and taking Purdue down in this invitational will be another great move for the Jackrabbits. This will be perfect for getting the team ready for the Big 12 and National Tournaments. It's time to fill Frost and watch what should be an exciting dual (do I hear 10/10?) If you still haven't come out to watch the Wresting team (what's wrong with you?!?), tonight is perfect to do so (then be intrigued to come back Sunday.) This should be a great warm-up before the ndsu dual. #GetJacked

P.S. If any of you were using my analysis of each weight class on here for the last two duals, I will not be doing them for these home duals since I will be enjoying the duals from inside Frost. Need to come to Frost if you want to know what's happening.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: NATIONAL DUALS 2017: Jackrabbits vs the Boilermakers

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make tonight. I am disappointed I won't be able to get a foam fist and cheer the team on. I will try to follow on-line if I can get descent reception in the school.

I am looking forward to going to the NDSU match.

Comment

WrestleStat Prediction: South Dakota State over Purdue 19 - 13

125: Ben Thornton over Ben Gillette 10 - 5
      133: Seth Gross over Luke Welch 11 - 4
      141: Kyle Ayersman over Henry Pohlmeyer 6 - 5
      149: Alex Kocer over Jeremy Golding MD 12 - 3
      157: Alex Griffin over Logan Peterson MD 13 - 2
      165: Luke Zilverberg over Dylan Lydy 8 - 4
      174: David Kocer over Jacob Morrissey 6 - 5
      184: Martin Mueller over Tanner Lynde 7 - 6
      197: Nate Rotert over Christian Brunner 8 - 4
      HWT: Tyler Kral over Alex Macki 7 - 3

Looks like there should be some competitive matches.

Comment

Any viewing options?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Any viewing options?
          FloWrestling. Will need subscription.

https://www.flowrestling.org/live/23...a-state/signup

Comment

I was hoping to see it using my subscription with Sidearm Sports (gojacks.com). Are regular duals televised live there?

Comment

Honestly, I'm pissed the Jacks lost. I can't believe Purdue's team got that many stalling calls (I really thought those foam fist wouldn't be used much) yet still pulled off the win. No team should give up that many points for stalling! What bullsh*t, Purdue; hope you don't stall too much and miss your plane.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

We need a heavyweight who is aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  I was hoping to see it using my subscription with Sidearm Sports (gojacks.com). Are regular duals televised live there?
                  SDSU has a deal with Flowrestling. I am almost positive that they are not on Sidearm.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    We need a heavyweight who is aggressive.
                    Several other things could have gone our way to win this dual, not all Macki's fault, tough to do much when you are giving up 30 - 40lbs every match, someone else getting the major and they win, someone else doesn't give up bonus and they win, not just one match decided this dual

Comment

Wasn't a good night for the Jacks. Gillette gets injured and thus isn't at full capacity and thus gets pinned. Mueller gives up a major decision late in the third period. Rotert didn't have a good match and loses to an unranked opponent. Bright note Peterson had a great match and Gross was Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Wasn't a good night for the Jacks. Gillette gets injured and thus isn't at full capacity and thus gets pinned. Mueller gives up a major decision late in the third period. Rotert didn't have a good match and loses to an unranked opponent. Bright note Peterson had a great match and Gross was Gross.
                        Makes you wonder how healthy Rotert is with his rib injury. Hopefully we bounce back on Sunday versus the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Makes you wonder how healthy Rotert is with his rib injury. Hopefully we bounce back on Sunday versus the Bison.
                          I was told before the match Rotert was going to held out if we didn't need him, but ultimately he was ready to go tonight and Sunday. His ribs were just sore.

Comment

Working...
                          X