GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

Yes, plenty of questionable calls, definitely including he one that led to the technical. However, we would have overcome them (and we should have) if we played some defense in the first or fourth quarter. Way too many open shots and open cutters in the lane. Way too many ......

Comment

I missed that too,what was the T for???That pretty much ended the game at that point in time.

Comment

I saw on my computer screen that there appeared to be a scrum for the ball in front of the Western bench, and AJ was a few steps out on the court yelling. But I didn't hear specifically who the technical was against. It was costly.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Tech on AJ. Scotty said he and Western coach were both at half court arguing their case after scrum for ball on late possession, refs must have thought AJ was a little worse.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Those 2 broadcasters were the worst to listen to that I've heard in a long time, maybe ever. If it had gone to overtime, I wouldn't have been able to watch.
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

My come away from this road trip so far, is that I wish we could keep the "mighty mo" (momentum) going a little longer and avoid the running into the "wall" (scoring droughts)a little less.
              More consistent I guess you'd call it,better efficiency ....little bit more UConnish maybe.We do that,and we should come away from most of our tightly contested games with a smile on our face.Looking ahead,let's get 6000 screaming Jackrabbit fans at the Denny in SF.Can't wait.There's no doubt in my mind these top 4 teams in the SLT will be playing each other in the semi's in Sioux Falls,regardless of seeding.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

12-21 from the free throw line isn't going to cut it when it comes to tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Tech on AJ. Scotty said he and Western coach were both at half court arguing their case after scrum for ball on late possession, refs must have thought AJ was a little worse.
                  I think Gravina threw his jacket earlier when things weren't going his way ala the infamous Kim Mulkey incident.We have to get AJ a jacket to throw when he's disgusted with the refereeing,might save him a technical in the future ,since it's never called and is a good venting off steam mechanism.Remember former ORU coach before Misti Cussen,coach Finkbeiner,his thing was kicking basketballs.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                    Those 2 broadcasters were the worst to listen to that I've heard in a long time, maybe ever. If it had gone to overtime, I wouldn't have been able to watch.
                    I thought the one guy was pretty good,he even said the ref's made a terrible call and Gravina shouldn't have been granted a TO with 15 sec to play (during the scrum) and that W. Ill didn't have clear possession of the ball,he said AJ had every right to be upset.I was surprised he said all that,must be an honest guy,he has my respect,but probably won't do any more W.Ill games for them.

I think the Midco guys might sound a little homerish by another teams perspective too sometimes.Hard to please everyone,best to sound neutral,but you can't because of who hired you and what they would expect to hear from you.Tough job.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I watched the replay of the last minute of the game on ESPN3. I can't blame AJ for getting the T. A missed slap on the arm, a missed offensive foul, and then a loose ball timeout given. I would have blown my top, but some on here are more level-headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        I watched the replay of the last minute of the game on ESPN3. I can't blame AJ for getting the T. A missed slap on the arm, a missed offensive foul, and then a loose ball timeout given. I would have blown my top, but some on here are more level-headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Also watched replay of the end of the game. What a joke of officials. Not blaming the reason why we lost but WOW unbelievable poor calls and non-calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          I saw on my computer screen that there appeared to be a scrum for the ball in front of the Western bench, and AJ was a few steps out on the court yelling. But I didn't hear specifically who the technical was against. It was costly.
                          don't blame AJ for being upset-------absolute horrible call (from the "no call" offensive charge to the timeout). i think any coach would have got a technical foul where AJ trotted. a bit more than a "few steps"
                          Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 02-16-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I just watched the end of the game via replay. First of all, there should have clearly been an and-1 when Lexi hit the big 3 with about a minute to go. The girl guarding her clearly hit her arm after the ball was released to the point one of the announcers said WIU got away with that. Then the scrum at the end - they granted WIU a timeout called from the bench and no one had possession of the ball. An SDSU player even came way with the ball after the scrum cleared. AJ was over the wrong side of the half court line just stating "she didn't have the ball" and I think he simply got T'd up for being too far away from his bench.

In my opinion...give us WIU in the semis or the finals in Sioux Falls. I will be betting on that game if I can find a bookie to give me a line!

Comment

Can a coach call a timeout in the women's game?I thought it was only on an inbounds

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Can a coach call a timeout in the women's game?I thought it was only on an inbounds
                                That may be the difference between men and women for coaching timeouts. MBB does not allow a coach to call timeout during a live ball. Players must signal for the timeout in men's game.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X