GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

Correct - women's rules didn't change so they coaches can still call TOs if they possess the ball. In this case, they clearly did not have the ball.

Comment

All I know is that there's going to be some drama starting with both semi-final games at the SLT. I like how our team has performed with a home crowd so far. On the road - ugh. That's where they definitely miss the type of "put the team on my shoulders" scoring ability of Miller.

Comment

Just watched the replay as well. Giving her the timeout is that situation is pretty borderline. I think the no call on the charge is a worse call. Both girls fell down after the contact. It has to be something. She could not have been anymore set than she was so it should have been a charge but it has to at least be a block and she is shooting 2. That is that great of an outcome either but its better then what happened with the technical and then have to foul anyways.

Comment

If you look at our losses in Summit play,even on the road (actually all our losses were road losses), compared to everyone else,we've been in every game to the very end.Lots of close road losses.I thought we played pretty good this game,except for FT shooting maybe.Out rebounding teams,especially offensive rebounding,move the ball well,get easy baskets off cuts to the hoop,lots of points in the paint,etc. I like our chances in SF. We really play well there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            If you look at our losses in Summit play,even on the road (actually all our losses were road losses), compared to everyone else,we've been in every game to the very end.Lots of close road losses.I thought we played pretty good this game,except for FT shooting maybe.Out rebounding teams,especially offensive rebounding,move the ball well,get easy baskets off cuts to the hoop,lots of points in the paint,etc. I like our chances in SF. We really play well there.
            Agree. It's going to be a great SLT. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is a major upset....or 2.... over the weekend on both the men's and women's side.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All of this game is on video for all to see (thank goodness).So will the SLT games.We'll probably be seeing a different ref'd game in Sioux Falls,in front of a lot of Jackrabbit fans.They also have a nice big viewing screen for replays and lots of good viewing angles built into that place I believe + nat'l viewing audience.Lot better reff'ng for the SLT(it's too big an event to blow calls like happened this game).JMO The SLT is not that far away now,really looking forward to it.

Comment

One positive from the game was Guebert regaining her shooting touch from beyond the three point line. 6-10 after having a few sub-par (for her) shooting games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  One positive from the game was Guebert regaining her shooting touch from beyond the three point line. 6-10 after having a few sub-par (for her) shooting games.
                  Sure glad you put (for her) in there,I've thought this too,even when she's off a little, she is still a decent shooter,when she's on target watch out...I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                  X