GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

The top seed and the regular season champion are the stakes tonight. The winner will be in the driver's seat for both. The WIU students have some skin in the game as well. There is a $1000 drawing for students if there are 500 students on hand for the game. There will also be a 43" TV given to the first person to make a half court shot after the game. Hopefully the students are quiet until the post game activities. It may be difficult for the defense to hold the Leathernecks to 58 points like the Brookings game. Let's make it 20 in a row over the Leathernecks! Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbets @ Leathernecks

If there are 500 students at the game it will about equal what the total crowd looked like at their men's game last night.

Comment

I was wrong - the box score shows there were actually 804 people at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I was wrong - the box score shows there were actually 804 people at the game.
        If the number is close to 500 students, the odds of winning $1000 should be enough to get dressed and go to the game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Regular season title, a day of rest at SLT, rolling into the Sioux Falls with some swagger - there's a lot on the line tonight. Can we shut down that high powered WIU offense on the road? A lot of their points come off of turnovers so this would be an awful night to sleepwalk through the offense. The WIU defense thrives on sloppy passes and blind drives into the paint. They killed USD by punishing exactly those types of mistakes. Better be sharp tonight.

Comment

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Leathernecks

We don't usually lose twice in a row in the Summit,there will be lots of fight in these Jackrabbits in this game I'd suspect. Last game shooting percentage was bad and we'll be able to score more inside and we should be able to afford having less reliance on three point shooting than vs IUPUI last time out. Of course,if the 3's are falling it's bombs away til we cool back down. I think we match up better against W. Ill.GBGBGJ

Comment

This game does scare me as our women this year have really not been the same team on the road. Looking at our results:

NDSU won 69-66
              USD lost 65-62
              ORU won 78-57
              Denver won 72-63
              Omaha lost 83-82
              IUPUI lost 64-59

So we are 3-3 on the road with close wins over a couple of the worst teams in the country. Only decisive win was ORU. So color me concerned.

Comment

Good point - you should be worried about this one.

It looks like the game is on ESPN3.

Sort of related: I can't believe Midco is broadcasting Denver @ NDSU WBB on a night when SDSU and USD's men's teams are playing at home. 12 people will watch that game and 5 of them will fall asleep by halftime. Am I missing something? Is there an alternate broadcast from SD?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Good point - you should be worried about this one.

It looks like the game is on ESPN3.

Sort of related: I can't believe Midco is broadcasting Denver @ NDSU WBB on a night when SDSU and USD's men's teams are playing at home. 12 people will watch that game and 5 of them will fall asleep by halftime. Am I missing something? Is there an alternate broadcast from SD?
                  Makes sense to have this game. On one hand you have the battle for the one seed (SDSU/WIU) and the battle for the 8th seed (NDSU/DU). Seems like a compelling story...

Comment

That is another reason to have games on different nights. Having all the Dakota schools play the same game times for both men's and women's is not a good idea. Missing games that's could be on TV and revenue with it.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tough start. Western came out and knocked down multiple 3's and we missed some good looks. Down 16-4 just 5 minutes in. Good crowd on hand there and lots of energy.

Comment

Slow on defense and sloppy on offense will not get it done tonight. This looks a LOT like the Omaha game so far.

Comment

Good close to the end of the half with a 17-2 run. Switched to zone and just became way more aggressive on defense to cause some turnovers and missed shots. Up 42-35 at the half. Western can score fast so need to come out with the same aggressiveness to start the second and maintain the intensity.

Comment

Yep,have to finish the game out strong,this lead isn't big enough to take possessions off and come away with no points too many times. Good to have these tough,hard fought games to work through,it's different playing these games as opposed to playing in a blowout.

Comment

Lost our lead and down by two,now tied again at 57.W. Ill pulls ahead by 2 ,59-57

Comment

Working...
                              X