X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by Happy Jack View Post
    KallieTheisen was the preseason #1 player in the State of Minnesota for 2019. She is also on the 2018 pre-season all metro team. She is all of 6'2" with a 6'5" plus wingspan, can really run the floor and is great student. Her summer team is Crossfire a faith based team. Check her out at "KallieTheisen (2019) MN Crossfire 2017 Highlights" on You Tube. She is a 4 star recruit and will make an impact next year. At 6'1" Tori Nelson has scored over 2000 points with over 550 blocked shots so far this season. A rating service called her the smoothest 6'1" player you will see. Regan Nesheim is a very agile and athletic 6'1". Both Nelson and Nesheim have had to play inside in high school but will undoubtedly play a different position in college. Nesheim as a freshman or sophomore her AAU team played in a 32 team tournament and she made the 11 man all tournament team. It keeps getting better .
    Just proves that AJ and his staff don't rebuild, they reload.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Jack View Post
      KallieTheisen was the preseason #1 player in the State of Minnesota for 2019. She is also on the 2018 pre-season all metro team. She is all of 6'2" with a 6'5" plus wingspan, can really run the floor and is great student. Her summer team is Crossfire a faith based team. Check her out at "KallieTheisen (2019) MN Crossfire 2017 Highlights" on You Tube. She is a 4 star recruit and will make an impact next year. At 6'1" Tori Nelson has scored over 2000 points with over 550 blocked shots so far this season. A rating service called her the smoothest 6'1" player you will see. Regan Nesheim is a very agile and athletic 6'1". Both Nelson and Nesheim have had to play inside in high school but will undoubtedly play a different position in college. Nesheim as a freshman or sophomore her AAU team played in a 32 team tournament and she made the 11 man all tournament team. It keeps getting better .
      Kallie Theisen and her Wayzata team just lost their first game of the season against Hopkins and the #1 overall player in the country for 2020, Paige Bueckers. Theisen scored 20, while Bueckers dropped 43.

Comment

Kallie looks really good, will be a great jackrabbit.Her HS team mates aren't too shabby either ,Annika Stewert 6'3", and sister to Hannah Stewert, now playing for Iowa, Jenna Johnson, MImi Schader. Great team, so how good is Hopkins then, my goodness.

Comment

Jacks commits on the first and second team all-metro.

https://www.mngirlsbasketballhub.com...e/show/1003295

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Jacks commits on the first and second team all-metro.

https://www.mngirlsbasketballhub.com...e/show/1003295
            I wonder if Kallie Theisen will be our answer to Sjerven of the Yotes, who gave us problems in the paint during the season. I read where Kallie at 6'2" has a wingspan of 6'5" or something, very similar to Sjerven's 6'2" and wingspan of 6'5" they say. I hope she's even better than Sjerven to be completely honest. Nelson's going to be great too. Might as well mention Regan Nesheim, we are going to have a very good freshman class next year.

Comment

Theisen as a multi-purpose 6'2 wing sounds a lot like Selland - unusually athletic for her size. If she shows up ready to go (like you'd expect from a top-100 recruit) we are going to be stacked in the front court. Larson, Selland and Theisen on the floor together would be three 6'2 players. Ferrand and Hirschman are both 6'2 as well and maybe one of them will be ready to contribute.

We're going to struggle to get even half the production from the guard spots that Guebert and Miller provided but a lot of that might be offset by what we get out of Larson and a stable of tall and athletic players like we might have not yet seen at SDSU. It's definitely too early to write the 2019/20 team off as a distant second place squad.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I wonder if Kallie Theisen will be our answer to Sjerven of the Yotes, who gave us problems in the paint during the season. I read where Kallie at 6'2" has a wingspan of 6'5" or something, very similar to Sjerven's 6'2" and wingspan of 6'5" they say. I hope she's even better than Sjerven to be completely honest. Nelson's going to be great too. Might as well mention Regan Nesheim, we are going to have a very good freshman class next year.
                umm, imo, if she is better than Sjerven then jackrabbits will have something special!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  I didn't realize that Maddy G's younger sister Macy has verballed USD. I wonder if we were offering?
                  Macy was on the third team list. It would have been fun to get her too. I didn't realize that the Guebert family had so many South Dakota connections. Dad played high school basketball in Indiana, but finished out his collegiate career with Augie. Mom played basketball at Lincoln HS. Maddy's twin brother goes to school at USF.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    Macy was on the third team list. It would have been fun to get her too. I didn't realize that the Guebert family had so many South Dakota connections. Dad played high school basketball in Indiana, but finished out his collegiate career with Augie. Mom played basketball at Lincoln HS. Maddy's twin brother goes to school at USF.
                    Very independent and diverse family, all chose their own way, but very loving too, support one another always, like that, at least we got Maddie , thankful for that.

Comment

Not really a concern for today, butttt are we going to be really hurting at the guard position moving forward? I know we'll have Theunick and RCJ next year. Just seems like all of the commits in the next couple classes are forward-types. Any true PG or SG's coming in?

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                        Not really a concern for today, butttt are we going to be really hurting at the guard position moving forward? I know we'll have Theunick and RCJ next year. Just seems like all of the commits in the next couple classes are forward-types. Any true PG or SG's coming in?
                        Lauren Rongisch is RS Fr 5'7" guard. Stapleton is listed as a guard and Selland and Irwin are listed as guards. Add those to RCJ and Theunick, that is a start to plugging the hole. 5'11" G/F Emily Herzberg is on the 2020 list of verbals. Vlastuin is also a 2020 guard recruit. It may be early to worry about a dry well.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would call Vlastuin a forward.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            I would call Vlastuin a forward.
                            Hudl needs an edit!
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/6929061/Madysen-Vlastuin
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Just going by what I have seen of her playing and the current roster on SDHSAA site.
                              https://www.sdhsaa.com/Athletics/Gir.../RostersA.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Just going by what I have seen of her playing and the current roster on SDHSAA site.
                                https://www.sdhsaa.com/Athletics/Gir.../RostersA.aspx
                                It is a good chance she is retooled at the next level with a different roster. She is the tallest player on the team with the centers on the team 5'9"-5'11".

Comment

Working...
                                X