This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Recruits

Congrats to Stars Amundson/Nilsen & Henry Sibley HS forward @nelsontori9 on her commitment to @GoJacksWBB! #StarsFamily

https://twitter.com/MinnesotaStars/s...10216757731330
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 2019 Recruits

This could be the young woman.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tori...Wg/default.htm
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/6812264/tori-nelson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0hLA9bd44
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If the info I found is correct, she played varsity last season as a freshman. The Youtube highlights say they were from the 15/16 season, so they would be her playing as a freshman against varsity teams. If that is correct, she is a heck of a player. Even if the film is her playing against other freshman, she is still a heck of a player. Her inside moves remind me of Ellie Thompson, but Nelson is a lot more mobile at this point.

Comment

This is from the Stars Twitter. It seems off she would have a record as a sophomore or it is a sophomore record.
        Minnesota Stars AAU ‏@MinnesotaStars Feb 8 More

Congrats to @nelsontori9 on becoming the all-time leading scorer in Henry Sibley HS girls basketball history!
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          If the info I found is correct, she played varsity last season as a freshman. The Youtube highlights say they were from the 15/16 season, so they would be her playing as a freshman against varsity teams. If that is correct, she is a heck of a player. Even if the film is her playing against other freshman, she is still a heck of a player. Her inside moves remind me of Ellie Thompson, but Nelson is a lot more mobile at this point.
          A quick Google search seemed to confirm that the highlight video featured competition against varsity teams. It looks like she was playing varsity as an eight grader. Those are some pretty impressive ball skills for such a young kid. I saw flashes of Macy Miller on a couple of those drives to the hoop.

Comment

The video shows her going right to defense after made baskets. That is a great habit to have as a freshman.

Comment

Our coaching staff once again shows they have a very good eye for spotting very good regional and local talented young players.Keeping us one step ahead in the Summit.Have her listed in my makeshift scholarship chart.Great day to be a Jackrabbit fan once again.

Comment

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-s...22e7f73b9.html

i heard rumblings Hannah Kelle has an offer from sdsu

Comment

Not sure if SDSU is looking at them or not, but BV has 3 studs that are sophomores this year. Krista Bickley currently holds the all time record in the 400. To say she is fast is an understatement. She is a decent ball handler and has a good shot. I assume she will run track in college though. Danica Kocer is a scoring machine. It seems she has had trouble with a knee this season so it is tough to judge her potential. The one I really like to watch is Trinity Law. She goes a thousand miles an hour all the time. She will do something stupid because she is going so hard, but she will create multiple good things for the same reason. Her pull up jumpers are incredible. I'd love to see one or all three wearing blue in the near future. Watch them play next weekend in the AA state tourney. You'll like what you see.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I didn't realize that Maddy G's younger sister Macy has verballed USD. I wonder if we were offering?

Comment

It looks like Sydney Stapelton's younger sister Sara has committed to Wisconsin. She was a 6'3" post and was being heavily recruited including 2 other Big 10 offers. I assume we were hoping for the 1-2 punch here, but unfortunately girls that size with skills tend to get P5 offers. I assume we were offering as well.

Comment

Since it's the slow summer period, I've been watching the USA U-17 girls playing and I'm impressed, they are really good, they'd make a dang good college team, which is to be expected, kinda like UConn. Nothing real earth shattering but thought if anyone wanted to watch really good athletes who can play both offense and defense play , Rebkell's Junkie boards has links to all the games.Can't wait to see our Jacks in action this season,should be a good one.

Comment

We were introduced to our latest signee's yesterday, Tori Nelson, Regan Nesheim, and Kallie Theisen, congrats to them and to us ,keeping the roster full of great players and people. Life is good, Go Jacks!

Comment

KallieTheisen was the preseason #1 player in the State of Minnesota for 2019. She is also on the 2018 pre-season all metro team. She is all of 6'2" with a 6'5" plus wingspan, can really run the floor and is great student. Her summer team is Crossfire a faith based team. Check her out at "KallieTheisen (2019) MN Crossfire 2017 Highlights" on You Tube. She is a 4 star recruit and will make an impact next year. At 6'1" Tori Nelson has scored over 2000 points with over 550 blocked shots so far this season. A rating service called her the smoothest 6'1" player you will see. Regan Nesheim is a very agile and athletic 6'1". Both Nelson and Nesheim have had to play inside in high school but will undoubtedly play a different position in college. Nesheim as a freshman or sophomore her AAU team played in a 32 team tournament and she made the 11 man all tournament team. It keeps getting better .

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Jack View Post
                              KallieTheisen was the preseason #1 player in the State of Minnesota for 2019. She is also on the 2018 pre-season all metro team. She is all of 6'2" with a 6'5" plus wingspan, can really run the floor and is great student. Her summer team is Crossfire a faith based team. Check her out at "KallieTheisen (2019) MN Crossfire 2017 Highlights" on You Tube. She is a 4 star recruit and will make an impact next year. At 6'1" Tori Nelson has scored over 2000 points with over 550 blocked shots so far this season. A rating service called her the smoothest 6'1" player you will see. Regan Nesheim is a very agile and athletic 6'1". Both Nelson and Nesheim have had to play inside in high school but will undoubtedly play a different position in college. Nesheim as a freshman or sophomore her AAU team played in a 32 team tournament and she made the 11 man all tournament team. It keeps getting better .
                              Great update! Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Working...
                              X