Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UConn WBB

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I guess there really is something to be said for playing a few close games before things really matter in the post season. From the missed FT to the way they mysteriously took that last shot with :12 left on the clock, UCONN looked like a team that did not know how to handle the situation. That's to be understood when your 111 game winning streak only features 3 games decided by less than 10 points! Who said you need a tall point guard to win - 5'5 was way more than enough for MSST.

I agree that was a great game - the best I've seen in either tournament. None of the mens' tourney games have kept me awake past 10:30 but I was not going to miss the end of that one!
    Yes the PG is "listed" at 5'-5". I suspect she is about 3" shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      I guess there really is something to be said for playing a few close games before things really matter in the post season. From the missed FT to the way they mysteriously took that last shot with :12 left on the clock, UCONN looked like a team that did not know how to handle the situation. That's to be understood when your 111 game winning streak only features 3 games decided by less than 10 points! Who said you need a tall point guard to win - 5'5 was way more than enough for MSST.

I agree that was a great game - the best I've seen in either tournament. None of the mens' tourney games have kept me awake past 10:30 but I was not going to miss the end of that one!
      Although,they did have the 6'7" player(McCowan),she played quite a bit,before she was forced to try and make a full speed awkward lay up and got hurt a little because of a really good defensive play on the part of the UConn defender.They then used 6'5" Okorie when McCowan went to the bench.Had to laugh when Williams stopped by 6'7' McCowan bending over(winded,catching her breath)She barely had her head above her waist,she gave her a slap on the rear for a "good job"acknowledgment.Yeah,she's a itty-bitty package of dynamite with ice water in her veins.You did say tall point gaurd though,I agree.

Comment

So are the rules between men and womens different? Karnowski just got drilled in the face with a swinging arm after a block no call no review. Way worse than the contact against the gal from Uconn last night and they stopped the game for a review and subsequently called the flagrant.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          So are the rules between men and womens different? Karnowski just got drilled in the face with a swinging arm after a block no call no review. Way worse than the contact against the gal from Uconn last night and they stopped the game for a review and subsequently called the flagrant.
          Apparently. I thought the MSU-UConn should have been a no-call, and the GU-USC call was an obvious Flagrant 1.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There was some contact with the UConn player last night, but she may get nominated for an Academy Award. Karnowski got drilled.

Comment

Working...
            X