UConn WBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn WBB

If anyone has an interest in WBB, #1 UConn goes for 100 straight wins tonight against #6 South Carolina. Regardless of the number of wins in the streak, this could be a competitive game. ESPN2 will carry the game at 8 pm CST. Geno Auriemma almost makes John Wooden look ineffective. It is amazing that he gets so many student athletes for so many years. #9 W Va vs #3 Kansas is the partner game on ESPN for the men.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: UConn WBB

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    If anyone has an interest in WBB, #1 UConn goes for 100 straight wins tonight against #6 South Carolina. Regardless of the number of wins in the streak, this could be a competitive game. ESPN2 will carry the game at 8 pm CST. Geno Auriemma almost makes John Wooden look ineffective. It is amazing that he gets so many student athletes for so many years. #9 W Va vs #3 Kansas is the partner game on ESPN for the men.
    Thanks for posting - I will be interested in both. West Virginia beat KU when they played in Morgantown.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      What's his longest streak ever before? And I was surprised he isn't 1000 wins yet. Figure won't be long till he gets there.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        What's his longest streak ever before? And I was surprised he isn't 1000 wins yet. Figure won't be long till he gets there.
        Without looking I wanna say it's in the 90's. Didn't Wooden win 88 in a row with UCLA? If so I'm fairly sure Geno and UConn beat that record not all that long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Without looking I wanna say it's in the 90's. Didn't Wooden win 88 in a row with UCLA? If so I'm fairly sure Geno and UConn beat that record not all that long ago.
          They tied their own record at 90 a month or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            They tied their own record at 90 a month or so ago.
            It's not just the record I'm impressed with it's that way they win. I'd be curious to know how many single digit wins are in this streak. I'll bet it's fewer than 5. It's not like Geno schedules a bunch of cupcakes every year either.

Comment

It's not just the record I'm impressed with it's that way they win. I'd be curious to know how many single digit wins are in this streak. I'll bet it's fewer than 5. It's not like Geno schedules a bunch of cupcakes every year either.
              "UConn has more 60-point wins (9) than single-digit wins (2) during its current 99-game win streak." according to a Sportscenter Instragram post
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                "UConn has more 60-point wins (9) than single-digit wins (2) during its current 99-game win streak." according to a Sportscenter Instragram post
                They have beautiful transition passes. With tongue in cheek, how would our SDSU men do against this team? Could we break the streak?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  They have beautiful transition passes. With tongue in cheek, how would our SDSU men do against this team? Could we break the streak?
                  IMO, without a doubt. The difference in athleticism is just too great. Apples to oranges comparison. It's similar to the debate that <insert the best college football team> could beat the Cleveland Browns. Most of the players on even the best college football teams don't sniff an NFL roster.

Comment

IMO, without a doubt. The difference in athleticism is just too great. Apples to oranges comparison. It's similar to the debate that <insert the best college football team> could beat the Cleveland Browns. Most of the players on even the best college football teams don't sniff an NFL roster.
                    I believe your post is very correct.

Comment

UConn vs MissSt in OT. Hectic finish as flagrant foul called and MissSt wins to end win streak at 111. Wow
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

What a game! May have been the most exciting game in either Men's or Women's NCAA Tourneys so far this year.

Comment

Shows even the best teams make uncharacteristic mistakes,and let bad foul calls get to them a little bit, just like other teams do if you continue to press them to score ,....ie staying in the lead or even with them the entire game. They cracked under the pressure. They didn't look perfect. Hats off to the assistant coach who saved the head coach from Miss St from getting a technical called on him....that would of probably lost them the game, by walking him calmly back to his bench after the flagrant foul call. Geno had his moments too. Good game,the streak is dead.I was frankly getting tired of hearing that drum beat ad nauseam.

Comment

I guess there really is something to be said for playing a few close games before things really matter in the post season. From the missed FT to the way they mysteriously took that last shot with :12 left on the clock, UCONN looked like a team that did not know how to handle the situation. That's to be understood when your 111 game winning streak only features 3 games decided by less than 10 points! Who said you need a tall point guard to win - 5'5 was way more than enough for MSST.

I agree that was a great game - the best I've seen in either tournament. None of the mens' tourney games have kept me awake past 10:30 but I was not going to miss the end of that one!

Comment

And neither team can say that they didn't know what they were supposed to run late in the game - it seemed like both coaches almost had unlimited time-outs, plus the long delays to review calls.

Comment

Working...
                              X