Dickert to Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dickert to Wyoming

Elevate the football program,keep winning and going to the playoffs,draw in more fans,make more money with a better football product,pay coaches better.Simple,Not.I don't think we can draw in the revenue like a FBS program (the successful ones anyway) until you become one.We are a stepping stone for sure.Doesn't mean we can't get good coaches,it's just keeping them that's hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Elevate the football program,keep winning and going to the playoffs,draw in more fans,make more money with a better football product,pay coaches better.Simple,Not.I don't think we can draw in the revenue like a FBS program (the successful ones anyway) until you become one.We are a stepping stone for sure.Doesn't mean we can't get good coaches,it's just keeping them that's hard.
      I would be more concerned if we didn't lose coaches. If you aren't getting coaches hired away you probably don't have a very good program. That coupled with the quality of coaches we are able to take is encouraging as well. Picking off a coach who was a D.C. to be a positions coach is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        I would be more concerned if we didn't lose coaches. If you aren't getting coaches hired away you probably don't have a very good program. That coupled with the quality of coaches we are able to take is encouraging as well. Picking off a coach who was a D.C. to be a positions coach is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wisdom here, rep pts given. I.E BISONVILLE, they have a way of shedding the dead wood over there.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Matt Zimmer is reporting this would be Dickert's 6th move since 2011. He was only in his first year at SDSU. I'm all for moving up in terms of responsibility, level and compensation, but this guy seems to be a chronic job hopper. Good riddance!
          This is what you have to confront if you have pay scales well, well below the national average.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            This is what you have to confront if you have pay scales well, well below the national average.
            I get that, but this guy is a chronic job jumper and will move for another buck. Don't need that kind of coach.

Comment

I get that, but this guy is a chronic job jumper and will move for another buck. Don't need that kind of coach.
              How dare someone try and make the most money that the market will offer?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                How dare someone try and make the most money that the market will offer?
                How dare a University expect at least a 2 year committment?

Comment

How dare a University expect at least a 2 year committment?
                  When they offer a ... one year contract. Why do you hate capitalism?
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    All successful programs struggle with coach retention.

I ran through Alabama's coaching staff on their website. On a quick count, of 13 coaches listed 8 are in their first or second year. 2 have been with the program more than 3 years - one is the strength coach, one is the associate head coach. They won a national championship in 2015 and almost everyone has moved on to better jobs.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      All successful programs struggle with coach retention.

I ran through Alabama's coaching staff on their website. On a quick count, of 13 coaches listed 8 are in their first or second year. 2 have been with the program more than 3 years - one is the strength coach, one is the associate head coach. They won a national championship in 2015 and almost everyone has moved on to better jobs.
                      That makes Nick Saban an even more impressive coach.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                      X