Dickert to Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickert to Wyoming

Per footballscoop and Coach Stig's twitter account, Safeties Coach Dickert has been given a position at Wyoming. He will be coaching Safeties there as well.

Re: Dickert to Wyoming

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Per footballscoop and Coach Stig's twitter account, Safeties Coach Dickert has been given a position at Wyoming. He will be coaching Safeties there as well.
    I'm guessing it's a nice pay bump for Coach Dickert. Can't blame him for that. Good luck to him.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Salaries for the assistants is an area that probably needs to be worked on in the future. We'll naturally lose assistants to FBS programs, but it may be more likely to happen if the $ gap is wide.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Salaries for the assistants is an area that probably needs to be worked on in the future. We'll naturally lose assistants to FBS programs, but it may be more likely to happen if the $ gap is wide.
        Wyoming Assistants made between $70,000-200,000 last year.
        http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

Dickert made $60,000 at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Wyoming Assistants made between $70,000-200,000 last year.
          http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

Dickert made $60,000 at SDSU.
          There u go. I am sure Clint is disappointed, but gives Him and Stig an opportunity to find a better coach. Salaries have been a problem, but AD Oien told me once that an assistant job was a steppingstone and they preferred that they did hang around forever. We could do better though on the salaries.

Comment

I guess we aren't the only one to lose an assistant to FBS. Bison OC Polasek leaves to be WR coach at Iowa.

Comment

Matt Zimmer is reporting this would be Dickert's 6th move since 2011. He was only in his first year at SDSU. I'm all for moving up in terms of responsibility, level and compensation, but this guy seems to be a chronic job hopper. Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Matt Zimmer is reporting this would be Dickert's 6th move since 2011. He was only in his first year at SDSU. I'm all for moving up in terms of responsibility, level and compensation, but this guy seems to be a chronic job hopper. Good riddance!
                Wasn't there talk of that when he came aboard? Definately seems to be the case.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I don't know about Dickert's moves specifically but Jason Eck's wife shared a blog about their moves from college to college the other day. I remember many of the same "job jumper" comments about Eck. It was interesting because the only job Eck left on his own accord was the Mankato job and that was for a chance to jump up a division to Montana State. In every other instance, the head coach had been fired and the staff under them was not retained. I don't care to do the research behind Dickert's moves but I did find Eck's personal story interesting.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The guy has a family and when you add around $30,000 to your salary its a no brainer. How can you blame the guy? He did a very good job with our safeties and special teams this year... Hope we bring in someone who can up their level again this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_IL View Post
                      The guy has a family and when you add around $30,000 to your salary its a no brainer. How can you blame the guy? He did a very good job with our safeties and special teams this year... Hope we bring in someone who can up their level again this coming season.
                      I'm completely on board with this comment, I've never talked to someone that's going into the coaching profession that has hopes of being an assistant coach some day. I believe that this is just the way it is at this level. We are stepping stone for most, even head coaches look at basketball. I would not criticize someone for bettering themselves or their own situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

As a mid-major we will continue to battle high coaching turnover - for a very long time. Especially with the crazy amounts of money to be had now at FBS conference schools.

Comment

I would rather we not hire a guy who has shown repeatedly to be a one and done kind of coach. Not good for anyone.

Comment

Looks like they filled Dickerts position with the defensive coordinator from Augie Brian Bergstorm. via retweet from SDSDU football
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Precisely and well stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X