Thin Skin II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Skin II

I love it. JackJD tells me how SDSU fans in general can appreciate smack/humor. High horse. He can speak for the collective. Please tell me...how is that not a high horse. Please. I really want to know. I mean it.

I've met a fair amount of you in person and we've had a great time. Not just getting along...I'd consider you friends...and if any one of those guys needed a thing I'd be the first to help them out...and I'd expect they'd know that. This petty crap about "he's a Bison, don't need to listen to anything he says" is a load of crap...sour grapes...just like the crap by a lot out at your tailgates. If it was said in fun I'd have no problem with it...but a few of you guys make it personal and get on the high horse. Seriously...life's too short...if you are gonna take shots make it in fun. We have the same type as well...and I don't defend them either. Ask Thumper...I call out those unfairly criticizing Jack (and even f'hawker) fans on Bisonville (forgive me for referencing what happens outside this board...I know that to be taboo...but it is fair to show I don't just "attack" your morons...I treat all morons equally)

JackJD...look back at filbert's post in the previous Thin Skin thread. He didn't back down...but he also owned up to his previous post. All you did was defend his original post...which even he wasn't defending (he was just explaining...and I know you are smart enough to see the difference even if you won't admit it).

As for the comment about all I do is start trouble...seriously...get over yourself. I will tease and rarely give a straight compliment without some sort of backhand slight...but seriously...you want me to gush about you guys? Where is the fun in that?

JackJD and Alum08 want to make me out to be a troll. If I am a troll you've got a lot to learn...wait until you get even deeper into the playoffs (I hear you are the favorite to win the MVFC*).

*Just had to...was getting too serious

Re: Thin Skin II

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I love it. JackJD tells me how SDSU fans in general can appreciate smack/humor. High horse. He can speak for the collective. Please tell me...how is that not a high horse. Please. I really want to know. I mean it.

I've met a fair amount of you in person and we've had a great time. Not just getting along...I'd consider you friends...and if any one of those guys needed a thing I'd be the first to help them out...and I'd expect they'd know that.
    Aren't you kind of proving his point with that statement?

I've questioned some of the moderating practices, at least as I see them (e.g., warning someone who posts the word "transfer" about the policy regarding mentioning transfers while allowing more senior members to post demonstrably false information about what is said during a press conference), but moderating is similar to being a referee -- a largely thankless job; plus, the moderators aren't even being paid.

Comment

I've met a fair amount of you in person and we've had a great time. Not just getting along...I'd consider you friends...and if any one of those guys needed a thing I'd be the first to help them out...and I'd expect they'd know that. This petty crap about "he's a Bison, don't need to listen to anything he says" is a load of crap...sour grapes...just like the crap by a lot out at your tailgates. If it was said in fun I'd have no problem with it...but a few of you guys make it personal and get on the high horse. Seriously...life's too short...if you are gonna take shots make it in fun. We have the same type as well...and I don't defend them either. Ask Thumper...I call out those unfairly criticizing Jack (and even f'hawker) fans on Bisonville (forgive me for referencing what happens outside this board...I know that to be taboo...but it is fair to show I don't just "attack" your morons...I treat all morons equally)

JackJD...look back at filbert's post in the previous Thin Skin thread. He didn't back down...but he also owned up to his previous post. All you did was defend his original post...which even he wasn't defending (he was just explaining...and I know you are smart enough to see the difference even if you won't admit it).

As for the comment about all I do is start trouble...seriously...get over yourself. I will tease and rarely give a straight compliment without some sort of backhand slight...but seriously...you want me to gush about you guys? Where is the fun in that?

JackJD and Alum08 want to make me out to be a troll. If I am a troll you've got a lot to learn...wait until you get even deeper into the playoffs (I hear you are the favorite to win the MVFC*).

*Just had to...was getting too serious

That's what I would say if I were you.

Comment

My reference to humorous smack being appreciated (conversely, angry smack is not) is simply paraphrasing from the board's guidelines and the way its been run for years.

TAB wrote: "As for the comment about all I do is start trouble...seriously...get over yourself."
        I had written that you've caused trouble in the past...that's different than saying "about all (you) do is start trouble". When you've gone over the line in the past, you've be sent to time out but my guess is most of the time you haven't gone over the line.

TAB wrote: "I will tease and rarely give a straight compliment without some sort of backhand slight...but seriously...you want me to gush about you guys? Where is the fun in that?"
        You can characterize your posts as you wish but your characterizations may not mean squat to others. Who wrote anything about "gushing"? More important point may be this: This board isn't about you.
        Last edited by JackJD; 02-12-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          This board isn't about you.
          I think we found the problem!

Comment

Okay, that was funny.

Comment

I think we found the problem!
              You are sparing with one of best esquires in South Dakota and not some scammer from Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

You are sparing with one of best esquires in South Dakota and not some scammer from Nigeria.
                I know...that's why I'm keeping the words small and I'm typing slowly.

Comment

When I grow tired of seeing posts from the same person and they are repetitious, boring, repetitious, boorish, repetitious, not interesting, repetitious, not funny, repetitious, pointless, repetitious, not real bright, and repetitious I put that poster on my ignore list. Right now I have an ignore list of exactly one person.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Some of us move on.

Whose epidermal layers are below optimum thickness again?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Some of us move on.

Whose epidermal layers are below optimum thickness again?
                      Exactly
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Exactly
                        Ditto ditto

Comment

Working...
                        X