Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Lady Jacks @ Lady Jags

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    They were killing us with penetration. Had to go to the zone.
    I guess I would prefer to see more help defense. Staying man to man with out help wasn't working but the zone didn't seem any better. We just looked worn out. Iupui played more intense then we did. It's sort of ironic that the women had a late game chance to win. No time out and had the ball in the players hands you want and it didn't work out. Men's team had similar situation but in the hands of the last guy you maybe want taking that shot and it worked out. Some days that's just how the game goes.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Honestly in the end it's probably good for the league for us to not win the SLT once in a while. Hell, if the winner goes and upsets someone it could go a long ways towards the argument of the league getting a second bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wonder if Geno and UConn would ever hold such a belief about winning too much? Kind of doubt it.No such thing as winning too much,that's the goal of every team that competes,to win.I just disagree with the whole premise of "maybe it's a good thing" we lost ,not meant to be argumentative,because I know what you mean too...just a different outlook I guess, maybe yours is tilted more toward looking at the big picture than mine is. I also know you say this after the fact and that it's already happened and there's no changing it , so your just trying to find a silver lining and I understand that, I just can't say it might be a good thing....kind of silly maybe on my part,maybe even a tad too sensitive, I digress, it must get disheartening for the other Summit teams to see the Jacks go every year to the NCAA tournament, but sports can be cruel as well as it can be joyous .....Also, I hope the Summit Rep also does very well,and I do hope we get that second bid sooner rather than later,as you do.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-07-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Wonder if Geno and UConn would ever hold such a belief about winning too much? Kind of doubt it.No such thing as winning too much,that's the goal of every team that competes,to win.I just disagree with the whole premise of "maybe it's a good thing" we lost ,not meant to be argumentative,because I know what you mean too...just a different outlook I guess, maybe yours is tilted more toward looking at the big picture than mine is. I also know you say this after the fact and that it's already happened and there's no changing it , so your just trying to find a silver lining and I understand that, I just can't say it might be a good thing....kind of silly maybe on my part,maybe even a tad too sensitive,I digress.....Also, I hope the Summit Rep also does very well,and I do hope we get that second bid sooner rather than later,as you do.
        I'm not looking for a silver lining. I'm not feeling better about the loss. From a SDSU perspective there isn't anything good about losing. No need to go with the "I wonder if UCONN" line. Realistically if you wan to go that route it's not good for the conference for us to win it every year and get the NCAA bid. It doesn't help the conference image and appearance of total strength top to bottom. That's just reality. Losing sucks. But I can differentiate between the two as well.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I thought the offense really struggled in both tournament games. In the 4th quarter and especially OT, it looked like no one really wanted to take a shot. That's where we really missed Macy.

Comment

[QUOTE=thumper_76;312316]I'm not looking for a silver lining. I'm not feeling better about the loss. From a SDSU perspective there isn't anything good about losing. No need to go with the "I wonder if UCONN" line. Realistically if you wan to go that route it's not good for the conference for us to win it every year and get the NCAA bid. It doesn't help the conference image and appearance of total strength top to bottom. That's just reality. Losing sucks. But I can differentiate between the two as well.

Yeah,maybe I didn't need to reference UConn,as clearly we are not UConn. Each individual team has to raise themselves up to the Championship level,credit IUPUI,W.Ill,USD for doing just that(UNO and ORU not far behind).I think the real task of elevating the Conference prestige is each team getting better ,getting a higher RPI ,winning against some P5 teams during the OOC portion of their schedules,not who wins the Conference Championship,but rather how strong that team is by playing in and winning the Conference Championship of a very strong Conference.And I hope that's us every single year(i'm greedy)
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-07-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              I'm not looking for a silver lining. I'm not feeling better about the loss. From a SDSU perspective there isn't anything good about losing. No need to go with the "I wonder if UCONN" line. Realistically if you wan to go that route it's not good for the conference for us to win it every year and get the NCAA bid. It doesn't help the conference image and appearance of total strength top to bottom. That's just reality. Losing sucks. But I can differentiate between the two as well.

I would argue that it isn't SDSU's job to worry about the conference's image. It is SDSU's job to win and get to the tournament. Other teams need to recruit and coach up to SDSU's (or the top team's) level so they can take the title instead.

The league gets better by each member bettering itself, it doesn't get better by rotating titles (that could be a by-product of improvement).

P.S - Yes, I know you are getting into a more complicated analysis of the conference. I am keeping it simple.
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Time to put in bids to host some WNIT games and work on getting better for next year. The last time we didn't make the NCAA, the team made a run in the WNIT that gave some momentum for the next season. Doing that again will be better for this team than going one and out in the Big Dance, which I think is what would likely happen.

Comment

YEP,the works not done yet,roll up the sleeves and the goal now is to advance as far as we can and continue to get next years players more experience and see them get better,added bonus is give the seniors a little more time in their careers.

Comment

It was a good year of what might have been a great year for Jacks WBB. Injuries show the soft bench and also show the importance of making the most of each year's recruitment class. Also shows how spoiled we have become.

Comment

Working...
                    X