GDT: Jackrabbits @ Lady Jags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Lady Jacks @ Lady Jags

Guebert's scoring has been off since after the Omaha game. She needs to get confidence back with her three point shot soon. If we win at Macomb, we are back in the drivers seat as we would have the tie-breaker over WIU and more than likely over USD as well.

Comment

Wish we'd of won our first road contest on this final road swing. Until the last Qtr I thought we'd pull out the tough win. Not to be. So now the pressure of winning the second road game against W. Ill just became greater, if we let it. Now, we'll just have to play harder yet, because like a shark, all the top four teams in the Conference have smelled the blood in the water, so to speak.

It will be a tough game against W. Ill. Shutting their offense down at their house will not be as easy of a task as it was at Frost. Not to say we still can't do it anyway, we can, but they'll be more prepared this time around. Our saving grace is our last two games will be a little easier, and USD ,W.Ill and IUPUI will be battling and beating each other up.

Hope everyone has their tickets for the SLT this year, should really be a barn burner.

Comment

Looking at the stats,we played a good game,except for one telling stat, shooting percentage.....21-60 for 35%. We had 11 more shots at the basket than they did, and they still made 3 more FG's than us. They shot 24-49 for 49%. As was stated earlier, nothing would go down the hoop. That's the only difference in the game stats. We shot poor, but we actually shot better than they did from 3 pt land....made 6-21 for 28.6 % to 3-16 for 18.8% for IUPUI.

Both defenses from both teams are tough,hard to score against. Oh,91.7% FT shooting for the Jacks,11-12 ,that's outstanding! They had 8 more FT attempts (13-20),yet only made 2 more pts than us shooting FT's.

Just me,but I still think 3 pt shooting is a lot better when teams have a higher overall shooting percentage.That means making more non-3 pt shots,the close ones especially.It just kills your game when you miss too many of your overall shot count,as might be duly noted by Capt. Obvious.This game proves that point.We did many extra things like out rebounding them 34-30, offensive rebounding(13-5 advantage),assists,bench pts. etc,but all for naught because we couldn't take advantage of doing all those other things exceptionally well because we couldn't put the ball in the hoop.On to the next game,lets see if things shake out more favorably in our direction.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-11-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Memo. Where is hash tag Chuck for the gdt? Bad luck with out it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Memo. Where is hash tag Chuck for the gdt? Bad luck with out it.
            My bad. I haven't been doing the hashtags for women's GDTs, but maybe I need to start.

#ChucktheRoundball didn't save the men's team yesterday, but then again, we chucked the ball pretty well yesterday, but we couldn't stop the Yotes chucking.

#DefendtheRoundball?
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Some really bad defense down the stretch allowing some easy back-door cuts to the basket. Ober is going to have to play more than 10 minutes if this team wants to win tough games.
              didn't get to listen to the game, but, Ober with 10 minutes?!? that tells me all i need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                didn't get to listen to the game, but, Ober with 10 minutes?!? that tells me all i need to know.
                Five fouls and zero points in 10 minutes. AJ finally put her back in with four fouls early in the 4th and she picked up that last foul in about 10 seconds. Probably her worst game in the last two years. I have a feeling she'll be a little sharper Wednesday; not a good time to be a WIU post.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                  0 pts also. She was called for 2 fouls in first 2 min of game. Calls that don't typically get called were made. 19 fouls called on Jacks, many early. Left Jacks playing a bit softer than normal and much more bench minutes. Then in 4th qtr couldn't buy a bucket.

Comment

Too much emphesis put on the " fast break"on rebounds (which never seems to happen) results in too many of them lost.Secure the rebound first,cradle the ball and let them foul you try'n to get it.Not taught anymore?

Comment

23-23 tie at the half. Second half, just keep it simple and put the ball in the hoop ,whatever way you can find to do it.Take care of the ball.Make the most of your possessions.We haven't really done this in this game so much,and still manage the tie...color me optimistic for the second half,I think we settle down and play our game ,get the lead and let the crowd get behind you more the 2nd half.

Comment

Parkinson whines at halftime about SDSU playing a "home" game despite IUPUI being the better seed and says it's hard for his players to hear due to the crowd.

Comment

If figured he would be whining. Every time out on the floor he seemed to be in the ears of the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Parkinson whines at halftime about SDSU playing a "home" game despite IUPUI being the better seed and says it's hard for his players to hear due to the crowd.
                            Huh. We werent even really that loud.

Must be to used to those massive 200 person crowds his team draws at home.

Im really starting to dislike him.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That's too bad.

I have a hard time being sympathetic to teams who have no fans even in their home cities.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Huh. We werent even really that loud.
                                That's understatement. What are there 10 students here?? I'm not surprised one bit really.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X