Clear All

Re: Thin Skin

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    How much is A Zenner again? Yes we do have thin skins
    It's obviously 1/55th of a furlong.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Gotta put it in here so I don't get the ban hammer (again). Some of you guys got some real thin skin
      I guess like most the dogs up there you have to have a thicker coat since it's so cold all of the time must be why Thumper hangs out up there. His brain never fully thaws. As far as insulting wives go, I've met yours, I like her (other than her choice in men) so I will keep that to light hearted face to face insults. Don't worry I'll have beer for you, you know I will.

Comment

Gotta put it in here so I don't get the ban hammer (again). Some of you guys got some real thin skin (not a lot...ass a collective you are getting better). But having a little fun with you guys and then filbert comes with a warning? Seriously? Would he have done that if SDSU had beaten NDSU in basketball the other day? Probably not. Or in football when it counted? Seriously...this is the same crap that happens out at your tailgating. Take the grief, dish it back out and have some fun.

Think of it as talking with a buddy. Would you just hand out a compliment like, "I like that shirt you are wearing." You might, but it would be followed up with, "Does it come in mens as well," or maybe, "Did your wife dress you? She said it was her favorite last night." If you don't do that, you should.

Maybe I crossed an invisible-moving line. Maybe the line should be moved.
        I'm glad you're here to tell us all how to act around pompous Bison fans. Filbert and the other mods appreciate you telling them how to run their board, too.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I'm glad you're here to tell us all how to act around pompous Bison fans. Filbert and the other mods appreciate you telling them how to run their board, too.
          Damn. With thin skin like that I don't think you should be reading a smack board.
          2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

I'm moody. Never claimed not to be.

if I'm barking, I ain't biting.

Think of me as a moody rattlesnake. When the rattle stops, you're REALLY in trouble.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              What kind of cheese goes with that wine? I'm guessing a jack of some sort...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                I guess like most the dogs up there you have to have a thicker coat since it's so cold all of the time must be why Thumper hangs out up there. His brain never fully thaws. As far as insulting wives go, I've met yours, I like her (other than her choice in men) so I will keep that to light hearted face to face insults. Don't worry I'll have beer for you, you know I will.
                Cold all the time? Way to exaggerate! We get a solid three weeks above zero every single year. Just last year we had a day close to 80. And my wife has always had poor choice in men...you wouldn't believe how many guys I have to talk her out of going out with.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                  Damn. With thin skin like that I don't think you should be reading a smack board.
                  Straight over your head. The point is no one cares what a Bison fan thinks.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

TAB wasn't admonished as a result of anyone having a thin skin. TAB comes on this board from time to time to stir up trouble and ignore some basic rules. He was reminded to not do that (as he has been reminded in the past). No action was taken other than filbert requested TAB drop his passive-aggressive b.s. and that the thread return to its subject.

Responding to a reasonable request from a moderator with a 'geez, you've sure got thin skin' is a variation of petty and juvenile name calling (especially when there was no demonstration of anyone being 'thin skinned'). Such comments are not intended to be a response but are intended to be a verbal or written middle finger, a "screw you!" because the writer isn't getting their way.

Each fan message board seems to be unique. This board has a stated purpose and a reasonable set of guidelines that people are asked to follow. If a visitor doesn't like that, tough. They don't have to visit -- has nothing to do with whether one is easily insulted (i.e. the thickness of one's skin). I think this board has a relatively diverse group of participants -- diverse in terms of age, point of view etc. The guidelines support that. It's relatively civilized for a fan message board.

This particular thread is about as worthless as a smack thread can get but for those who are enjoying it: post away! Personally, I think the thread should just die and go away.
                    Last edited by JackJD; 02-11-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      TAB wasn't admonished as a result of anyone having a thin skin. TAB comes on this board from time to time to stir up trouble and ignore some basic rules. He was reminded to not do that (as he has been reminded in the past). No action was taken other than filbert requested TAB drop his passive-aggressive b.s. and that the thread return to its subject.

Responding to a reasonable request from a moderator with a 'geez, you've sure got thin skin' is a variation of petty and juvenile name calling (especially when there was no demonstration of anyone being 'thin skinned'). Such comments are not intended to be a response but are intended to be a verbal or written middle finger, a "screw you!" because the writer isn't getting their way.

Each fan message board seems to be unique. This board has a stated purpose and a reasonable set of guidelines that people are asked to follow. If a visitor doesn't like that, tough. They don't have to visit -- has nothing to do with whether one is easily insulted (i.e. the thickness of one's skin). I think this board has a relatively diverse group of participants -- diverse in terms of age, point of view etc. The guidelines support that. It's relatively civilized for a fan message board.

This particular thread is about as worthless as a smack thread can get but for those who are enjoying it: post away! Personally, I think the thread should just die and go away.
                      Wow...more wine...you guys really have a drinking problem.

Middle finger? No, I have more class than that. But, I find filbert's response so much different than yours. I don't agree with some of his rules...but I respect him. You on the other hand...you have a high horse right along Alum08...no understanding of guys giving guys grief. You just can't handle it when the Bison beat the Jacks...if the Jacks had won you would just laugh off me being here.

Comment

LOL. No whining from me. I wrote to point out your response/reaction to being reminded of the message board's rules. How many times have you been down this road? filbert's characterization of your passive/aggressive method for stirring the pot was correct and you didn't like it. And it wasn't the first time.

I appreciate the guidelines for this board and most posters generally following them.

Comment

Wow...more wine...you guys really have a drinking problem.

Middle finger? No, I have more class than that. But, I find filbert's response so much different than yours. I don't agree with some of his rules...but I respect him. You on the other hand...you have a high horse right along Alum08...no understanding of guys giving guys grief. You just can't handle it when the Bison beat the Jacks...if the Jacks had won you would just laugh off me being here.
                          Lol. You're comical. Again, you actually think we care what you think or say. I'll stop responding to the troll.

Comment

I think we'll just shut this one down. It's not funny and we prefer smack with at least a little attempt at humor. (TAB, if you think the closing was premature, feel free to start another thread and we'll go from there.)
                            Last edited by JackJD; 02-11-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X