Connor Devine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor Devine

A recent post in the OR gameday thread mentioned that it would be nice to have Connor still in the mix for the Jackrabbits. I agree, and looked it up.

Connor is averaging 8.9 pts, 4.6 reb, and 2.2 blocks per game for Alaska Anchorage this year. He is on pace to set the single season school record for blocked shots.

Glad to hear the young man is doing well. I know most of us wish him well in his life beyond SDSU.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Re: Connor Devine

How about Logan Doyle? He's 6-8, 225, and he's averaging nearly 15 points and 9 rebounds a game at Northern State. He spent three years on the Jacks' bench, redshirting and then refining his game, and then transferred with two years of eligibility remaining. He probably could have provided some good backup help this year at the 4 or 5.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      How about Logan Doyle? He's 6-8, 225, and he's averaging nearly 15 points and 9 rebounds a game at Northern State. He spent three years on the Jacks' bench, redshirting and then refining his game, and then transferred with two years of eligibility remaining. He probably could have provided some good backup help this year at the 4 or 5.
      I agree that having some or all of these guys on the roster would help. But for every one that we would have kept is one player we wouldn't have because the scholarships wouldn't be there. Guys such as Orris, Wallace, Hess or Howell. Moffit is the one that would have greatly helped on both ends of the floor from day 1. At this point I would have rather kept him than either Orris or Wallace. Not trying to send any ill will toward Orris/Wallace - just think Moffit would have been a better threat overall for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I agree that having some or all of these guys on the roster would help. But for every one that we would have kept is one player we wouldn't have because the scholarships wouldn't be there. Guys such as Orris, Wallace, Hess or Howell. Moffit is the one that would have greatly helped on both ends of the floor from day 1. At this point I would have rather kept him than either Orris or Wallace. Not trying to send any ill will toward Orris/Wallace - just think Moffit would have been a better threat overall for us.
        If you would have said Keaton instead of orris I would maybe agree with you. But to say you would rather have Keaton instead of Wallace might be stretch. Keaton and orris is a good comparison because we only get them for 1 year and they are both pass first point guards. But Wallace is only a Junior, who is kind of still a freshman since this is his first year in D1 basketball and I would say more of an undersized 2 than a 1. He has shown flashes of being able to knock down a couple 3s a game. If he can make that more consistent he will be a real asset to this team. He has 6 games where he made at least 2 3s. If he can fill that role for this team where he comes in plays 10-15 min and makes 2 or 3 3s per game would be huge.

Comment

Working...
        X