Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues & continues &

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Ellie was getting up off the floor and a USD player pushed her back onto the floor it looked like to me.Seemed deliberate because she looked right at her as she did it after accidentally turning and getting contact.Ellie was still off balance and fell to the floor again.They reviewed the play and talked to both coaches at the start of the second half.Nothing other than that became of it.AJ and the coaching staff seemed pretty upset about it.

Brad "wish he knew it "
    (Newitt) dismissed it as nothing, per usual.Surprised he doesn't wear Coyote gear during the broadcast,as a similar foul was called later against USD,and true to his colors, he said that one should have been a " let em play" non-call too instead of the foul call.
    Yeah newitt was talking about a foul lexi got and she was playing great defense. Acted like it was clearly a foul. Not even sure she had touched her as she was running and defending her close. He was like that's a foul every time.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Well I went and read the Yote board after that. Don't know why I bothered.
      The game was unfairly officiated, I guess, unlike the one in Vermillion that we lost without Ober.
      But at the Summit League Tournament we'll have fair officials, and that will do it.
      Plus, they didn't beat the Jacks twice this season like last year, so that's an advantage for the tournament.
      It was a good run, but I guess the Jackrabbits shouldn't bother even going to SF. The yotes have this year wrapped up.
      (What a delusional bunch of people. They won, by one, at home, with a greater foul and ft discrepancy, and we were without Ober.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Someone on there even predicted the day before that it was going to be unfairly officiated in our favor because officials get caught up in the emotions of the game and the crowd reaction. We were going to get 80% of the 50/50 calls. Nothing like making excuses before the game even starts. I go there just to get some laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Someone on there even predicted the day before that it was going to be unfairly officiated in our favor because officials get caught up in the emotions of the game and the crowd reaction. We were going to get 80% of the 50/50 calls. Nothing like making excuses before the game even starts. I go there just to get some laughs.

I'll take this as a compliment towards our fanbase over theirs.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          I'll take this as a compliment towards our fanbase over theirs.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That's probably enough dragging stuff over from another board.* I think ALL boards, this one included, will have one, or two, or three posters say something an opposing fan base notices and pretty soon it's reported as "meltdown on the XXXX board" or "everyone over there is complaining about XXXX."

A disappointed fan posting anonymously doesn't really deserve much attention on a winning team's message board.

*filbert's Guideline #12. The bartenders don't particularly care for posters dragging discussions from other boards or web sites onto this one, only partly because it isn't fair to the discussion participants on the other site.

Added later: Think about this before bringing over junk from another board: it's possible the original poster planted something scurrilous on their board, hoping it would be carried over to an opponent's board and cause a stink.
            Last edited by JackJD; 02-05-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              That someone was me. It's a fact that officials get caught up in the emotion of a game. It happened in Vermillion when we won. In those big game situations home teams get the benefit of close calls. I'm not blaming the officials for the loss, you were the better team Saturday. If you read it in its entirety I said beating someone of equal or very close talent is difficult to do twice, and almost impossible 3 times. The post was objective. It's not making excuses, beating good teams on the road is tough. I would have said the exact same thing if the game was in Vermillion and you had won game 1 in Brookings.

i couldn't watch the game so I have no clue if I was correct or not, but those that went to the game can answer it if they want whether you got more calls than USD or not. A 12 point game isn't decided by officials. And no game should be. You got the win...congrats. Your objectivity regarding me is suspect anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                That someone was me. It's a fact that officials get caught up in the emotion of a game. It happened in Vermillion when we won. In those big game situations home teams get the benefit of close calls. I'm not blaming the officials for the loss, you were the better team Saturday. If you read it in its entirety I said beating someone of equal or very close talent is difficult to do twice, and almost impossible 3 times. The post was objective. It's not making excuses, beating good teams on the road is tough. I would have said the exact same thing if the game was in Vermillion and you had won game 1 in Brookings.

i couldn't watch the game so I have no clue if I was correct or not, but those that went to the game can answer it if they want whether you got more calls than USD or not. A 12 point game isn't decided by officials. And no game should be. You got the win...congrats. Your objectivity regarding me is suspect anyway.
                Although a ton of fouls were called I dont think officiating was terrible one way or the other. Like you say a 12 point cant be put on officiating. If you look at the result objectively, Usd won by three in vermillion with our best post defender by a mile out. We were also in our 6th game since losing our best player (and arguably the best in the league) to a season ending injury. Players were still adjusting to new roles. If the result Saturday surprised anyone they likely weren't paying much attention.

The SLT championship likely comes down to these two. I like our chances alot.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Although a ton of fouls were called I dont think officiating was terrible one way or the other. Like you say a 12 point cant be put on officiating. If you look at the result objectively, Usd won by three in vermillion with our best post defender by a mile out. We were also in our 6th game since losing our best player (and arguably the best in the league) to a season ending injury. Players were still adjusting to new roles. If the result Saturday surprised anyone they likely weren't paying much attention.

The SLT championship likely comes down to these two. I like our chances alot.
                  Thats fair. I haven't seen on replay either. I think SDSU has a slightly better team, but not significant enough where they can't have USD in the back of their minds knowing they can get beat. Almost like last year except reversed. Two really good teams that both have a lot to lose. If they reach the championship game I think the fan bases of their respective teams feel like you do....we all like our chances. I think the revenge factor from last year comes into play. Maybe not, who knows?

I think both teams are deserving of bids to the dance although not likely to happen.

Comment

Nothing in my post #35 should be read as criticism of any particular posters including yoteforever. I didn't go over to the Yotes board and read their discussion. I also have met yoteforever, watched him play a lot of football, and think highly of him. I posted because I thought it was time to put out a reminder of one of filbert's guidelines (which have served this board well). Note no one has shut down the discussion (yet?).

At some point when a poster is tempted to continue the comments about an opponents board, the smack section should be considered.

Carry on.

Comment

...where they can't have USD in the back of their minds...
                      I'd be extremely let down if our team had USeD in the back of their minds ever.
                      Pretty sure the only time they are thinking about them is when they are the next opponent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        At half, Allison Arnes only 4 ft points, no fg. Great d by Jacks.
                        Just an observation. Lexi was the primary guard on both USD's Allison Arnes & NDSU's Taylor Thunstedt. Both of these were they're team's leading scorer's (Arnes only got 6 points and Thunstedt only 7 pts).

Also I want to clarify a post I made in another thread. I said that Sydney Palmer is good defensive player. And when I said that I meant she helps the team be better defensively because she like Ober (and Thompson) is really good with help side defense. Evidence in point, she helped one of our bigs on the back side and stole the ball way). Yes, she is undersized for 4 position but is probably pound for pound the strongest.

Having said the above. SDSU (other than at Omaha) is playing good defense.

Comment

I've noticed Lexi has upped her game a lot the last month or so. All the Jacks have to some degree,but Lexi's game stands out as very much improved.For one,as noted,she plays with a lot of intensity,both defensively and offensively.This last game,for example,she got two offensive rebounds in a row,the first her own miss,the second someone elses,just hustling and moving,which has a lot to do with being in the right spot at the right time as the saying goes.Good to see the players taking it upon themselves to improve and just become all-around better players. The whole team is playing at a much higher level than we did at the beginning of the season,the difference like being the difference between night and day,a very stark and profound improvement.

Comment

If Lexi could shoot better, she'd be a contender for team MVP. She's usually the quickest player on the court, and she does many things well.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Well hey, this is the SDSU board so i assume i have a little home board advantage so i should be able to speak a little more freely on here. Although it seems you have a friend over here that watches over you.

Comment

Mitchell: check your private messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X