Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues & continues &

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Question for you....how many fans does Frost hold? What percent of the arena was filled for the women's game? Someone posted it was sold out on Facebook. I'm out of town on vacation. Just curious if it really was sold out?

congrats on the win. I'm not surprised
    No not close. Whole east side upper bleachers were not pulled out. Attendance was 3434. Max capacity has to be around 6000.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Question for you....how many fans does Frost hold? What percent of the arena was filled for the women's game? Someone posted it was sold out on Facebook. I'm out of town on vacation. Just curious if it really was sold out?

congrats on the win. I'm not surprised
      Thanks. Changes through the years have reduced Frost's capacity to about 6,100. The SDSU-USD game was not sold out. Attendance was a bit over 3,300. Attendance at the SDSU-Oral Roberts men's game that followed was about 3,900.
      This space for lease.

Comment

The reserved seats were probably sold out. They were close to that 3-4 weeks ago when I purchased ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Thanks. Changes through the years have reduced Frost's capacity to about 6,100. The SDSU-USD game was not sold out. Attendance was a bit over 3,300. Attendance at the SDSU-Oral Roberts men's game that followed was about 3,900.
          Now if the game had been at ORU with that crowd, they would have announced 10,500 or so as the attendance....

Comment

Interestingly enough, butts in seats were probably lower for the men's game due to doubleheader tickets. I was there and I know for a fact that way more people left after the girl's game than showed up for the men's. If everyone had stayed and 600 extra people showed up, they would have been lowering the extra bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              No not close. Whole east side upper bleachers were not pulled out. Attendance was 3434. Max capacity has to be around 6000.
              Thanks

Comment

thanks

Comment

Did i miss some of the game? Ellie is being accused of being a master flopper by the fine folks to the south. I guess i missed it. Also,fouls were being called on both ends the first 3 quarters not just one sided as it appears to those same fine folks down south. The 4th at one point was 5 fouls USD 0 fouls SDSU , when i looked once. Might have something to do with being down by 10-14 points. I hate games that are called like this. Whistles constantly blowing. But it was on both ends so you have to deal with it

Comment

Whatever makes them feel a little better..

I can promise USD one thing about the likely rematch in Sioux Falls. They will not have the extremely rare luxury of having Guebert go 1-7 from the arc. I have not seen her miss that many open shots in a long time.

Comment

Officiating in WBB is horrid, however this crew wasn't nearly as bad as the crew in Vermillion earlier this year.

USD fans should be celebrating their good luck in Fargo, where they actually managed to get the officials to call fouls on the Bison. The Bison foul on every play, but for some reason most crews allow it. The crew in Fargo yesterday must have had enough of Richman and his bull**** defense. Hopefully they call the Jacks game like that in Fargo...doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The Jacks are going to continue to make things tough on the Yotes as long as they can keep Ober and Thompson on the floor. They don't have enough interior defense to guard two bigs, especially when Thompson is in the game. If they are going to beat us, it's going to have to come from the guards. Neither team really gets much scoring off the bench. Was there something wrong with Flaata yesterday ? That has to be one of the first games that she never saw the floor.

Comment

Allison Arens might be disappointed with her 1-6 shooting and 6 points in 35 minutes.. The Jackrabbit guard defense should also feel accomplishment holding her and Bradley to 16 total points and 6 of those points were free throws! Fogg scored 10 points and 6 of those came from long range. SDSU defense is doing a great job when the Yotes came in averaging almost 74 points per game and scored 58. Go Jacks!!
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Maybe they saw the end of the first half and a usd player totally ran into and pushed her. It was sort of a incidental Collison but the usd player clearly push. Aj was seemed none to happy about it on TV. Looked like usd player extended her arms and it was right in front of the ref. Fogg had one in the second half somewhere when Thompson down low got the pass for easy layup but official called it on ellie because Fogg was on the ground. To me on the replay they didn't show much contact or ellie pushing. Eithe Fogg got tripped up or flopped IMHO on the replay. Maybe different angle would show differently.

I thought flaata would have played just since it seemed our height and length down low was bothering usd. But I think coach when for the Sydney which on TV it's hard to tell which one is which. But they are more physical and seem solid on defensive end. Both teams had some ticky tack fouls. Frankly sdsu was more aggressive then usd most of the game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Maybe they saw the end of the first half and a usd player totally ran into and pushed her. It was sort of a incidental Collison but the usd player clearly push. Aj was seemed none to happy about it on TV. Looked like usd player extended her arms and it was right in front of the ref. Fogg had one in the second half somewhere when Thompson down low got the pass for easy layup but official called it on ellie because Fogg was on the ground. To me on the replay they didn't show much contact or ellie pushing. Eithe Fogg got tripped up or flopped IMHO on the replay. Maybe different angle would show differently.

I thought flaata would have played just since it seemed our height and length down low was bothering usd. But I think coach when for the Sydney which on TV it's hard to tell which one is which. But they are more physical and seem solid on defensive end. Both teams had some ticky tack fouls. Frankly sdsu was more aggressive then usd most of the game.
                              Ellie was getting up off the floor and a USD player pushed her back onto the floor it looked like to me.Seemed deliberate because she looked right at her as she did it after accidentally turning and getting contact.Ellie was still off balance and fell to the floor again.They reviewed the play and talked to both coaches at the start of the second half.Nothing other than that became of it.AJ and the coaching staff seemed pretty upset about it.

Brad "wish he knew it "
                              (Newitt) dismissed it as nothing, per usual.Surprised he doesn't wear Coyote gear during the broadcast,as a similar foul was called later against USD,and true to his colors, he said that one should have been a " let em play" non-call too instead of the foul call.Nieman must have to bite his tongue trying to work with Newitt ,I'm sure he sees a little bias from Newitt being the only "professional" commentator on that two man crew.I really don't think he (Newitt) knows how biased he sounds,totally obliivious to that,not a clue.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-05-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Well I went and read the Yote board after that. Don't know why I bothered.
                                The game was unfairly officiated, I guess, unlike the one in Vermillion that we lost without Ober.
                                But at the Summit League Tournament we'll have fair officials, and that will do it.
                                Plus, they didn't beat the Jacks twice this season like last year, so that's an advantage for the tournament.
                                It was a good run, but I guess the Jackrabbits shouldn't bother even going to SF. The yotes have this year wrapped up.
                                (What a delusional bunch of people. They won, by one, at home, with a greater foul and ft discrepancy, and we were without Ober.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X