Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have latest on Frost Arena renovation?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have latest on Frost Arena renovation?...

this post probably could have gone under any number of headers, but, thought this was as good a place as any. seems like the last i heard, sdsu was to have submitted the plans to the bor and if approved groundbreaking hopefully to start in 2017? i searched around a bit but didn't come across anything recent.

Re: anyone have latest on Frost Arena renovation?...

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    this post probably could have gone under any number of headers, but, thought this was as good a place as any. seems like the last i heard, sdsu was to have submitted the plans to the bor and if approved groundbreaking hopefully to start in 2017? i searched around a bit but didn't come across anything recent.
    I had heard through the grapevine last night that "Phase I" had been approved. That sounded like the actual practice facility structure to the south of existing Frost Arena. I don't think that actual arena seating or amenities improvements are in Phase 1 but don't know for sure.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      I am not sure of the exact order. the extra room for wrestling and basketball practice floor are on the same project. That project is a go from what I understood talking to someone earlier this week. The wellness center is scheduled to be enlarged too with racquetball courts included..
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Find links to what is in each phase below.

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
        I didn't see this posted yet but next week's agenda has a $15 million project for doing the addition. I think similar to doing the SJAC before the stadium that it makes sense to get this part done prior to the remodel.
        https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/agen..._X_BOR1216.pdf

That project is also on the BOR sponsored legislation list for this session that is listed here: https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/agen...AA_BOR1216.pdf

Comment

It only makes logical sense that the practice facility (along with the wrestling addition, etc) will be first ahead of the Frost renovation which I assume would be called Phase II. The basketball teams would need practice space and if Frost were a part of Phase I that wouldn't be the case.

Comment

Here's a Jan. 9 update from the Brookings Register:

http://www.brookingsedc.com/1/9/17-s...struction.html
            This space for lease.

Comment

thanks for all the info! greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X