Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Yikes. I'm just saying that Sell needs to give Bono a raise otherwise Bono is gone. It's not some ultimatum or anything. Lmao
    And I'm saying WE have to give Bono a raise by donations.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      And I'm saying WE have to give Bono a raise by donations.
      Okay. You could have just said that then. Smh
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Okay. You could have just said that then. Smh
        You need to smh real hard first before posting.

Comment

Iowa State Wrestling Room.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEs4N4msZ5s

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            I guess the question Bono has to bonder is does he want to build his legacy or be just another head coach from Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
              I guess the question Bono has to bonder is does he want to build his legacy or be just another head coach from Iowa State.
              I'll comb through youtube later and see what videos I can share...Maybe even throw in a little wikipedia.

Comment

Maybe someone who knows about Bono's history with the Iowa State program can help out with this. A local wrestling fan told me that Bono applied for the Iowa State job seven years ago when Kevin Jackson, the current coach was hired, and that they are not the best of friends . They thought that because Jackson is remaining in the Athletic Dept.,that it might limit Bono's interest in the job. Has anyone heard anything to back this up ?

Comment

You had have to be a real idiot to turn down coaching at Iowa State over SDSU. Bono is gone if he gets the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Maybe someone who knows about Bono's history with the Iowa State program can help out with this. A local wrestling fan told me that Bono applied for the Iowa State job seven years ago when Kevin Jackson, the current coach was hired, and that they are not the best of friends . They thought that because Jackson is remaining in the Athletic Dept.,that it might limit Bono's interest in the job. Has anyone heard anything to back this up ?
                    A Bisonville poster (Christopher Moen, who I believe works for USA Wrestling) stated that very story recently.

I want to Bono to stay. He and Reader are the sole reasons I now follow SDSU wrestling. Got season tickets for the first time this year and have purchased matside seats for Iowa, Oklahoma and Utah Valley. But I am also a realist about Iowa St opening.

Comment

I've been told that if Bono leaves Reader will be the head coach. No search, much like Lang and Thompson for women's soccer.

We'll still be in great hands if Bono leaves.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        You had have to be a real idiot to turn down coaching at Iowa State over SDSU. Bono is gone if he gets the offer.

I could understand Bono leaving but that is ignorant. I know there is a lot of benefits at ISU. But there are a lot of issues there and expectations to consistently be great.

At SDSU Bono is adored and works for someone that wants wrestling to thrive. He has a team that should be better next year. Continuing to build his legacy here does not seem stupid and neither is moving on. I just think the decision is not as easy as you say it is.

Comment

I bumped into Justin Sell after the dual Friday night. He seemed pretty excited about the wrestling program and said his expectations are for it to continue to get better. I hope the current staff stays as the improvement in a short time has been amazing but I did feel good knowing the AD is vested in the program and wants it to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
                            I could understand Bono leaving but that is ignorant. I know there is a lot of benefits at ISU. But there are a lot of issues there and expectations to consistently be great.

At SDSU Bono is adored and works for someone that wants wrestling to thrive. He has a team that should be better next year. Continuing to build his legacy here does not seem stupid and neither is moving on. I just think the decision is not as easy as you say it is.
                            Fair enough. I am ignorant when it comes to wrestling. It seems like there are some personality conflicts at ISU. From an uneducated perspective ISU seems like a dream job. I know they haven't won a National Championship in a quite some time, but to me they are top 5 program. Kind of like UCLA basketball. To me he has a chance to win a championship at Iowa State and here it is WAY WAY less likely, if not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

I'll lean on you knowing what a real idiot would do.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                                I'll lean on you knowing what a real idiot would do.

I apologized for my hyperbole, but you are to stupid to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X