Comment

Re: Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Awesome news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Reported on Panther board and on Twitter, Pitt offered double what his current salary is at.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Reported on Panther board and on Twitter, Pitt offered double what his current salary is at.
          Someone's getting a raise. Deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Agree. Will be interesting to see what his contract will look like. He will probably get a 3-year deal.

Also of note, SDSU made top 10 in attendance for Duals.
            https://t.co/UJg93qhtPi

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Absolutely. I think Sell sees a chance to turn our program into a national power and is investing into it.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Absolutely. I think Sell sees a chance to turn our program into a national power and is investing into it.

Sell was only 1 of 2 ADs at the NCAA Wrestling Championships.

Comment

Sell was only 1 of 2 ADs at the NCAA Wrestling Championships.
                  I'm betting he's the only one who rode the team bus home too....

Comment

Both Bono and Sell see how close the program is. With construction and renovation of frost and facilities it will only get better. Continue to improve, be one of the top programs in our conference and get a top 10 team finish at duals next year and keep attendance moving up. Good days to be a Jackrabbit indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Both Bono and Sell see how close the program is. With construction and renovation of frost and facilities it will only get better. Continue to improve, be one of the top programs in our conference and get a top 10 team finish at duals next year and keep attendance moving up. Good days to be a Jackrabbit indeed.
                      That and with the jump in attendance it certainly has to help offset extra salary costs.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        That and with the jump in attendance it certainly has to help offset extra salary costs.

You have to figure booster donations have also increased substantially since Bono took over. There is a large very passionate wrestling community in South Dakota. That's helped drive the attendance increase and undoubtedly an increase in donations.

Comment

Agree. Will be interesting to see what his contract will look like. He will probably get a 3-year deal.

Also of note, SDSU made top 10 in attendance for Duals.
                          https://t.co/UJg93qhtPi
                          Now we need to aim for top 5 next year! I think we can do it if SDSU does a "grapple on the gridiron" event. I thought it was super cool when Iowa did it, and it could definitely draw interest if SDSU does it right after a football game. Your ticket becomes general admission, we have a big student section (for a wrestling dual), keep The Pride around, etc. Just keep the party going on a Saturday afternoon!
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The nearly perfect Gridiron/Mat event would be to see if we could get UNI wrestling along with the UNI football game. Two top 20 type programs, and a high interest football game before.

Comment

With wrestling not starting until November, we'd almost certainly need to have the wrestling dual before the football game on a Saturday. Otherwise, kickoff may need to be 11. An outdoors dual at 4 or 5pm in November may not work due to temps. When Iowa did this, the dual was prior to a FB game at Kinnick if I recall correctly.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Looking at future home football games in November, there is only NDSU on 11/4 and ISU-Red on 11/11. They're both in early November which is better for the idea but really only works for the ISU-Red game (don't even want to think about doing in during a Dakota Marker day.) I also looked ahead to 2018 with games against Missouri St on the 3rd and usd on 17th (also a no-no.)

If SDSU actually wanted to try this, I think they should aim for the 2018 game against Missouri State. This would give them plenty of time to plan it and could possibly draw more people to that football game. I thought it would be great to do this next year to boost wrestling attendance, but it looks best to wait.

One more thing: how do we let athletics know this is something fans are interested in?
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X