Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Sell was only 1 of 2 ADs at the NCAA Wrestling Championships.
    Gotta love an AD who backs up his athletic programs in more ways than just words by actually attending these events and showing his support .He knows Bono and crew are trying their hardest to make Jackrabbit wrestling all that it can be,and Sell to his credit shows his appreciation for their efforts by being there for these big moments.We are so blessed to have both a coach like Bono (and his excellent crew he's assembleded to help him) and a AD like Justin Sell who backs them.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      With wrestling not starting until November, we'd almost certainly need to have the wrestling dual before the football game on a Saturday. Otherwise, kickoff may need to be 11. An outdoors dual at 4 or 5pm in November may not work due to temps. When Iowa did this, the dual was prior to a FB game at Kinnick if I recall correctly.
      Yes, there was a football game afterwards. I think you would want to start the dual earlier. You would need to clean the field and the stands before the football game.

Iowa also needed a waiver from the NCAA to hold the wrestling meet that early. I think they were a week or two before schools were normally approved to have a match.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I see that flowrestling has reported that Boise State has officially cut their program. Perhaps we could land a transfer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I see that flowrestling has reported that Boise State has officially cut their program. Perhaps we could land a transfer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
          Meh...Boise's talent level has been way down the past few years. Not sure a transfer from there would help much.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

To continue with the Boisie St topic, there are a lot of people trying to keep the wrestling program around. They have even started a twitter page (Jacks Wrestling is even following it) if you would like to learn more about it. Just thought I'd share this.

https://twitter.com/SaveBSUWrestlin
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Bono makes $110,000 this year. Probably more next year, but not going to ever be $300,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Bono got a raise to $130,000.

Comment

Working...
              X