Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Definitely good news but as long as Bono keeps building the program there will be others calling. That is life as a mid-major. It's not a bad thing as we will attract good candidates when that time happens. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is here long term.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I know we consider ourselves a mid-major school, but when you listen to Bono talk, he doesn't see the wrestling program as a mid-major. He sees it as a rising program so close to being a major program for wrestling. He believes in the school, program, and wrestlers and believes he will make a national program here. We may think, "Yeah, right" but look what he has already done with the program. What will it look like in 5 years from now, or even 2?
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

According to Dresser he has yet to make a decision. He will be announcing on Monday if he will indeed accept the Ia St head coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          According to Dresser he has yet to make a decision. He will be announcing on Monday if he will indeed accept the Ia St head coaching job.
          Officially official.
          http://cyclones.com/news/2017/2/20/d...ing-reins.aspx

"Pollard and Dresser agreed to a seven-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million in guaranteed salary plus incentives. His base salary for next year is $300,000. Similar to other high profile personnel announcements at Iowa State, the hiring is pending a university background check."

Comment

Officially official.

"Pollard and Dresser agreed to a seven-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million in guaranteed salary plus incentives. His base salary for next year is $300,000. Similar to other high profile personnel announcements at Iowa State, the hiring is pending a university background check."
            A Humbolt Iowa native along with late newscaster Harry Reasoner. Thanks goes to Dresser for taking the job. We keep Bono. It works for me.

Comment

Officially official.

Wow That's a lot of money for a wrestling coach. Good for them, great for SDSU

Comment

Bono makes $110,000 this year. Probably more next year, but not going to ever be $300,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread, but according to a reporter, Pitt is looking to lure Bono away from SDSU. Says Bono is visiting Pittsburgh here soon.

http://www.papowerwrestling.com/pitt...es-chris-bono/
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Not much of a wrestling guy here, but my thoughts are: Good luck recruiting against Cael Sanderson at Penn State. Probably a way to push for more money from our administration. I guess I would be shocked if he'd leave.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                      Not much of a wrestling guy here, but my thoughts are: Good luck recruiting against Cael Sanderson at Penn State. Probably a way to push for more money from our administration. I guess I would be shocked if he'd leave.
                      Don't be that surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Don't be that surprised.
                        Are you privy to some information that maybe the rest of us aren't?

Comment

From that FLOwrestling article, it sounds like a trip by Bono to Pittsburgh is in the works. He did comment that he was commited to his staff and team. The increase in money would be a temptation to any one. I hope he stays. I would not be surprised if he left.
                          Hopefully he will leave one assistant behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Don't be that surprised.

I won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              From that FLOwrestling article, it sounds like a trip by Bono to Pittsburgh is in the works. He did comment that he was commited to his staff and team. The increase in money would be a temptation to any one. I hope he stays. I would not be surprised if he left.
                              Hopefully he will leave one assistant behind.
                              What is the $ difference, his contract is listed at $110,000 annually not sure if that is a revised contract since the season ended or what he is scheduled to make this year.

He stated earlier this week he is here to stay, but I say that about my job and then think about leaving every night.

From what the twitter world is saying he was suppose to interview either yesterday or today, but its been moved until next Wednesday. Sounds like a faction from the boosters on who they want.

Is this a have to interview to get a raise move or a this is a really good job that will pay well move? IDK
                              Last edited by joeboo22; 04-08-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Are you privy to some information that maybe the rest of us aren't?
                                I'm not privy to any inside information. If this much talk is already out there in the online wrestling circles then this is obviously serious. Much more serious than the Iowa State opening which he wan't even interviewed for. That is all I'm saying. I apologize for the vague post - just trying to state that people shouldn't be surprised if Bono goes somewhere else. He's one of the hottest things in all of D-I college wrestling right now. He's bound to be courted by other, bigger schools. Again, don't be surprised if he leaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X