X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baxter Arena at Omaha

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    YOU JINXED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Normally I'd take the heat, but I'll have to pass in this case. The WBB having a stumble in the heart of the Summit season is as much of a guarantee as the sun rising in the east. No need to panic, cry or fret - it's like cold weather in January. Just shake your head and dig a foxhole for what is probably to come for tonight's game with Hess out!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Normally I'd take the heat, but I'll have to pass in this case. The WBB having a stumble in the heart of the Summit season is as much of a guarantee as the sun rising in the east. No need to panic, cry or fret - it's like cold weather in January. Just shake your head and dig a foxhole for what is probably to come for tonight's game with Hess out!

I know what you mean. Not every team can be UConn. Just poking fun.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

We used to make sure Jill Young was in the game and had the ball when the game was on the line....she had ice water in her veins.Madison Guebert was 6-6 FT and Ellie was 7-7....can't second guess,didn't watch just listened to the game,both Ellie and Madison were probably well covered,anyhow,all water under the bridge now.This team has the mental toughness to not let this loss get in their head and will go out and work on getting better for the next game.We have some tough contests ahead to prepare for.

Comment

I was listening on the radio also - did they make a long pass to get the ball up the floor that fast ? Peterson didn't explain it very well. Said they got the rebound and then called the shot.

Comment

This type game,a loss by 1 pt on a last second shot,makes you realize that every shot on every possession during the game (on the ones we missed,particularly missed lay ups) was indeed a potential game winning shot,when applied to the final score.Just goes to show you that every possession and shot is important and effects the outcome,no matter how minor it seems early in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I was listening on the radio also - did they make a long pass to get the ball up the floor that fast ? Peterson didn't explain it very well. Said they got the rebound and then called the shot.
              Their is a video replay out there will post when have time. It was poor defense as nobody picked up Omaha shooter down the court.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmahaVID/...63816603459589

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Their is a video replay out there will post when have time. It was poor defense as nobody picked up Omaha shooter down the court.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmahaVID/...63816603459589
                This was a set up play they made during the 30 sec TO if they got the rebound I'm sure.Preston took off like a shot and ran to her spot as soon as she saw the missed FT and rebound ,Shaw quickly (and I mean quickly)brought the ball up the court, drawing most of the defenders and Preston got the pass for the wide open shot.Nice play.

Comment

Might have been wise to pull everyone out of the lane on the last free throw, and put them back on defense. We also had a foul to give.

Comment

Lexi was the only one on the line, we had 3 back. Keri got back to cover the left side.

Comment

Wow, no points from the bench.

Comment

we had a foul to give, would it have been best to foul the rebounder and get our defense set up to stop the 3 point shot?

Comment

This..

Comment

This game being over with,we didn't play too bad for the latter part of the game,we just let them start too well and it gave them the confidence they needed for the game.We took control but they just wouldn't let us drive home the last nail in the coffin.We will only get stronger the more we learn how to take over the game and keep them at bay until the final horn.Good teams in the Summit compared to years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Lexi was the only one on the line, we had 3 back. Keri got back to cover the left side.
                              Lexi got slowed up by a well positioned screen,so she couldn't harass Shaw bringing the ball up court.It was a well designed play,very fast, hats off to Lange.

Comment

The problem came when Palmer left the eventual shooter to pressure the dribbler. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to stay at home and take the chance that Shaw could hit a running 50 footer.

Comment

Working...
                                X