Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baxter Arena at Omaha

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The problem came when Palmer left the eventual shooter to pressure the dribbler. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to stay at home and take the chance that Shaw could hit a running 50 footer.
    Bingo. Just a really bad day all around defensively. It happens.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

After shooting 55% from 3 against us Omaha proceeds to go 2-24 tonight (8%) against IUPUI.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        After shooting 55% from 3 against us Omaha proceeds to go 2-24 tonight (8%) against IUPUI.
        Law of averages.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Law of averages.
          Yup. That loss could be big. Having to play USD and still go to Western Illinois and IUPUI, a top 2 seed certainly isn't a given.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Yup. That loss could be big. Having to play USD and still go to Western Illinois and IUPUI, a top 2 seed certainly isn't a given.
            Leathernecks and Jags both are at home to yotes and Jackrabbits and Mastodons. Yotes have a road game to Frost in addition. WIU played very well at Vermillion and Tulsa. Their road games are NDSU and Denver. Jags still go to Tulsa in addition to NDSU and Denver on the road. WIU could be in the driver's seat with their schedule.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Leathernecks and Jags both are at home to yotes and Jackrabbits and Mastodons. Yotes have a road game to Frost in addition. WIU played very well at Vermillion and Tulsa. Their road games are NDSU and Denver. Jags still go to Tulsa in addition to NDSU and Denver on the road. WIU could be in the driver's seat with their schedule.
              looking at the schedules, not inconceivable WIU and IUPUI battle for the top two positions in the Summit as schedule closes. IUPUI has a 6 game winning streak while WIU at 2. the door is open for either one of them to grab a title. many scenarios left, but, more than 1 loss might make it rather difficult. much of it probably hinges on protecting their home courts.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                looking at the schedules, not inconceivable WIU and IUPUI battle for the top two positions in the Summit as schedule closes. IUPUI has a 6 game winning streak while WIU at 2. the door is open for either one of them to grab a title. many scenarios left, but, more than 1 loss might make it rather difficult. much of it probably hinges on protecting their home courts.
                If we beat USD on Saturday I feel a lot better about it. WE lose and its a race to get a top 2 seed.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  If we beat USD on Saturday I feel a lot better about it. WE lose and its a race to get a top 2 seed.
                  I agree that a win Saturday sets us up well. While one loss wouldn't surprise me, I have a hard time seeing us lose at both WIU and IUPUI. We outscored those two by a combined 141-107 at Frost and neither game felt as close as the final score.

The WBB race is definitely going to go right down to the en when USD finishes up with road trips to IUPUI and WIU.

Comment

Working...
                  X