Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting Hawks To Join Summit League

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    At least for the Summit, it made too much sense not to happen. On the men's side, I definitely would not mind replacing two OOC games with additional conference games. It could be a lot less beneficial to the SDSU WBB team (assuming we continue to play at a very high level).

I wonder how this will affect the Summit Tourney. Two teams left out? Some sort of bye system?
    7 vs 10 winner plays the 2
    8 vs 9 winner plays the 1

Two more games to generate more revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      7 vs 10 winner plays the 2
      8 vs 9 winner plays the 1

Two more games to generate more revenue.
      This means I would have to go to games on Friday night as well...well, okay, twist my arm!

Comment

Either that or they would have the play-in games earlier in the week at the home of the higher seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          FBS have 12 games every year (they still have 3 non-conference games)
          MVFC is brutal. IMO, you need out of conference games to show how good the MVFC teams are compared to other conferences. NSIC (a very good Div II conference) plays all conference games and they don't get rewarded when playoff teams are announced and they beat each other up.
          This. You need OOC games, at least three, to show some of the conference strength. The reason SHSU got a 5 seed this year is because of exactly that, well and the Southland was hot garbage.
          Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The Jackrabbits had a couple years(2013 & 2014) of 12 games. Was that an anomaly of the rules?
          It depends on how the calendar falls, in not sure on the specifics. However, several schools are petitioning for 12 games every year. If that went through then this whole mess is worked out, but I haven't heard much about it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I welcome UND into the Summit and the Mo Valley. Now UND should re-add baseball.
            That would work.

Comment

We helped them and they offer very little positive in return.
              We should have allowed them to ROT where they were.
              They now have increased relevance with area recruits, Welcome to the NCC.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                The Jackrabbits had a couple years(2013 & 2014) of 12 games. Was that an anomaly of the rules?
                "FCS programs are restricted to 11 regular-season games in most seasons - one game fewer than the FBS. They are permitted a 12th game only in years when there are 13 weekends between Labor Day weekend and the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. It last occurred in 2014, and will occur only four times over the next 15 seasons - in 2019, '24, '25 and '30."

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...43018794210004

Comment

It's probably not complete until Kansas City joins the Summit.
                  KC on and attendance lying Oral out. Even numbers.

Comment

I welcome UND into the Summit and the Mo Valley. Now UND should re-add baseball.
                    I'm really hoping part of the reason this hasn't been finalized yet is because The Summit League is trying to make a deal with them to bring back baseball. We really need some more baseball teams.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I've thought for a while that UMKC is missing a market opportunity by not having baseball. For that matter, I think FCS-level football at UMKC would succeed as well, but that's probably a bridge too far.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Article on this in the Argus. Stig sounds luke warm on the idea at best IMO.

http://argusne.ws/2jT8DvJ

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          Article on this in the Argus. Stig sounds luke warm on the idea at best IMO.

http://argusne.ws/2jT8DvJ

Im not even that warm. I'll wait to see how they schedule the MVFC teams (like I have a choice) but it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            Im not even that warm. I'll wait to see how they schedule the MVFC teams (like I have a choice) but it doesn't make sense.
                            I'm personally ice cold, unless something drastic changes I see no way they get votes from the Eastern schools unless they don't add a trip West. If a school was leaving then I'm indifferent.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              I'm personally ice cold, unless something drastic changes I see no way they get votes from the Eastern schools unless they don't add a trip West. If a school was leaving then I'm indifferent.

Yeah,I keep thinking an Eastern school must be leaving in the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Yeah,I keep thinking an Eastern school must be leaving in the next few years
                                Youngstown State? A good program that would be missed, but kind of the odd-ball of the MVFC. They're not part of the Summit League or regular Missouri Valley for the rest of their sports.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X