Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Very good win. I think and hope it was the turning point we've been waiting for. Just get in the tourney. I don't really care what seed, but something higher than eighth would be good.
    Yes. Just get into the tourney. Can't allow myself to think that this team is gong to turn on a dime and win out, but this is a promising game. If the squad cam use this to generally trend positively toward the Summit Tourney then at least we can look forward to one chance in the tournament and then who kniws.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

In addition to seeing the team playing good defense, man to man or otherwise, the thing that stuck out to me was the enthusiasm the players had throughout this game. It was great to see them high-fiving, pushing each other, and just smiling and enjoying the game. They have been missing intensity on the defensive end all year. They didn't Saturday. Also, great to see the crowd rally behind them.

That show me that this team is still very much together as a unit and that they have a great chance to turn things around. There is talent there.

Oh, and how about that Daum kid! TJ used him in different ways and it paid off big time!!!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just get to the tournament is right. Turnaround or not, we're going to lose at least several of the upcoming road games. Even our very best teams have struggled to win much more than half the time away from Frost. At this point I'd be thrilled with a 6th or 7th place finish. If they make it, they'll find a huge home crowd at the Premiere Center and there's certainly a chance of knocking off anyone in the field when you have a player with Daum's talents.

Comment

We are technically only 1.5 games out of being seeded 4th in the summit league tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Just get to the tournament is right. Turnaround or not, we're going to lose at least several of the upcoming road games. Even our very best teams have struggled to win much more than half the time away from Frost. At this point I'd be thrilled with a 6th or 7th place finish. If they make it, they'll find a huge home crowd at the Premiere Center and there's certainly a chance of knocking off anyone in the field when you have a player with Daum's talents.
            The 7 seed would be the best seed as we look at the tourney setup which gives the Sunday rest with the victory. The Jackrabbits beat ORU with that seed the first year in the tournament. They were a 7 seed another year and lost by 1 to WIU. Otherwise, the Jackrabbits have been 1-5 seeds over the years. This could be the year that a seed other than the 1 or 2 wins the tournament.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

For all the doom and gloom we've seen on the message board, people need to keep in mind that the men's team is a handful of plays away from leading the conference.

They had a big lead in the NDSU game and were tied or led late in the second half against WIU, ORU and IUPUI. Even against Omaha they trailed by just two late in the game.

We could just as easily be 5-2 as 2-5 right now, with a completely different outlook on the season. Of course, we could also be 0-7 as the wins against USD and IPFW were close as well.

Hopefully the change back to man to man and the energy it seems to have brought to the team is something tangible, and the men can pull off a big win in Denver.

The conference has more balance than ever, and there is little margin for error. However, if we make the tourney, we will be a team nobody wants to play and have as much a shot as any to win 3 to get to the dance.

Comment

Hard to describe how important that win was Saturday. Not just from a league record standpoint but giving the guys confidence. FW is very very good and we took it to them for the most part. Still need to clean up some of the sloppy live ball turnovers but this game is something to build from.

Comment

The doom and gloom as been well deserved. Close losses are losses and this team was getting good at losing. Coaching staff did exactly what it needed to do and the players responded positively. Now it's up to the players to start winning. Have to get 1 out of 2 on this road trip. I honestly think the Jackrabbits could win both and I half expect them too.

Keep Daum out top, run that pick and roll, cuts of him and spot up on the opposite side. Play gritty man-to-man and outrebound the opponent. Turnovers happen, they only kill you when you don't play defense on the other end. Looks like we have a solid 8 guys that will get the vast majority of minutes.

Reed has to be better on offense. I know he was assigned to Konchar and that's a ton of work but he has the talent, needs to get his confidence back. Make your damn FT's.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I'd like to see Daum on the perimeter a lot more. Let him face up and draw the double team out there, much more room to hit cutters going to the basket. If we had better shooters I'd understand the inside out approach. Use a high post of perimeter look with more pick and rolls and give and goes. If the defender stays with Daum you dish or swing, if not its the Daum show.
                    I'm glad they did it and I'm glad it worked so well. Mike didn't go to the hole much Saturday but there were plenty chances for him to do it from that perimeter look. Also lots of chances for back cuts that the Jacks didn't recognize until the alley-oop dunk. I wouldn't use Theisen any other way then in the high post and to bang the big guys when he is in there, that should be his role.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

• Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

The Denver game will provide a test on how well Daum can guard a big post and stay out of foul trouble. I watched the second half of the NDSU-Denver game, and Amigo, Denver's 6'10 post abused Warner and their other post for something like 28 and 12. Daum will have the advantage on offense if he sets up on the perimeter, but he will have to stay out of foul trouble to play big minutes. Theisen may have to play a more significant role in this game.

Comment

Working...
                      X