GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Denver(4-14,1-4) hosts the game tonight. Denver is 1-9 against the Jackrabbits since joining the Summit. The Pioneers shoot fairly well from 3 point at a 38% clip. The Pioneers picked up a road win at Ft Wayne last week. There are 6 freshmen on this roster. 5'7" Loven(fr) is a leader in the scoring(12.4) and contributes on defense as well as she comes off the bench most of the time. Cremeans will lose another 4 seniors this year. The game will be available through Altitude TV at 8pm. It is over my head how to find that on the cable. The Jackrabbits should be able to corner the Pioneers offense tonight. The women seem to be on a good trajectory as the role players are finding the spots at the mid point of the conference. Barring a terrible offensive shooting night, SDSU should cruise at the Mile High in Magness Arena. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Hopefully someone will figure out how to view this game online. I took a quick look and did not hit anything that seemed legit. It should tip off about the same time that the men's game is ending and I have a feeling I'll need the distraction!

As long as Denver's 38% 3-point shooters don't end up shooting 50%, we get another road win. Stranger things have happened, but I don't see it tonight.

Comment

93.7 FM for the Brookings station.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jackrabbits ahead at half 36-28. 4 Jacks have 2 fouls. They must be too aggressive on defense for the refs.

Comment

Eight SDSU turnovers and 11 fouls have let Denver hang around. It would be nice to put together a run early in the third and crush their dreams of an upset.

Comment

Macy must be a quick healer - was following on Live Stats and it said she missed a jump shot. There goes the Medical Hardship.

Comment

22 pts in 15 min for Thompson,if she didn't get so many fouls (4), she could have had more.Maddie 26 pts,good game for her so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Macy must be a quick healer - was following on Live Stats and it said she missed a jump shot. There goes the Medical Hardship.
                I thought I saw Macy's name mentioned in the play-by-play.

Comment

Maddie now 11-12 over all,4 -5 at the 3 pt line,6-7 FT, 32 pts.....great game.Now
                  that's efficiency.

Comment

72-63 final

Comment

Is Denver really good at drawing fouls? The Pioneers were going to the line quite a bit in the last minute when they were the team behind (going off of a live stats feed.)
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

30+ points for Guebert. It has been cool to see her become much more than just a 3-point sniper since Macy went out.

It sounded like this was one of those less-than-awesome road games we have a couple times each conference season. Another one in the win column, nonetheless. Back to Frost....

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                          Is Denver really good at drawing fouls? The Pioneers were going to the line quite a bit in the last minute when they were the team behind (going off of a live stats feed.)
                          They don't like defensive teams ? Just kidding.I'm at a loss too as to why that is,we must have felt we needed to get the ball back,and score quickly or something and committed fouls being overly aggressive.Hard to tell when you only have audio feed.

I quit worrying about foul calls,we seem to win anyway.One man's great defensive play is another mans foul,it's all subjective.As long as it's consistent and the same type of foul is called on both teams,I have no problem with the calls.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-19-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Madison Guebert...91% FG (11-12)......80% 3 pt FG (4-5)......85% FT (6-7)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Madison Guebert...91% FG (11-12)......80% 3 pt FG (4-5)......85% FT (6-7)
                              My guess is that the Leathernecks will write down her number and attempt to limit her shots. She even plays very efficient defense as well. Guebert has lived up to her billing.

Comment

Working...
                              X