Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Roster

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.
    I can't argue too hard with any of the points given here but there is always a way to build a better mouse trap. Passing on kids that have iffy grades, regardless of their talent level, is an easy way to reduce our "misses." If signed recruits don't ever step foot on campus because of their grades, that is a big miss on our part.

You can spin it the other way as well. We've obviously shown there is an established culture that academics are important not just within the football program but also within the entire athletic department. One could argue that culture is going to give a troubled academic kid a better chance of succeeding but again, if he never steps foot on campus, that is a moot point.

Comment

Just over a week until they report for fall camp. Many guys are already here and have been most of the summer working out. Four weeks and change to prepare for what could be the best season of Jackrabbit football. Seems like every year we have a few guys step up perform at incredible levels, they aren't necessarily big surprises but they clearly stepped up. Some of those in the past few years have included Christion, Rozeboom, Soulek, Weineke, Goedert....there are many more but this was a small sample. Who does everybody have for "next"?

I'm going out on a limb with Tolu Ogunrinde, coaches have seen something to make the move to DE for him. Big, strong and fast...very hopeful he can make things extremely uncomfortable for the opposing teams QB and RB on a consistent basis.

Darkhorse....Blair Mulholland, I still view his hudl reel and am amazed we considered him at LB. Granted at the time of the move we had little Zenner still in the stable. I think #5's biggest hurdle will be getting time in there. But, I would not be shocked if he got an opportunity and pulled away, even with Mengarelli.

Again all speculation and conjecture put forth in the spirit of getting ready for FB. I cannot wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Just over a week until they report for fall camp. Many guys are already here and have been most of the summer working out. Four weeks and change to prepare for what could be the best season of Jackrabbit football. Seems like every year we have a few guys step up perform at incredible levels, they aren't necessarily big surprises but they clearly stepped up. Some of those in the past few years have included Christion, Rozeboom, Soulek, Weineke, Goedert....there are many more but this was a small sample. Who does everybody have for "next"?

I'm going out on a limb with Tolu Ogunrinde, coaches have seen something to make the move to DE for him. Big, strong and fast...very hopeful he can make things extremely uncomfortable for the opposing teams QB and RB on a consistent basis.

Darkhorse....Blair Mulholland, I still view his hudl reel and am amazed we considered him at LB. Granted at the time of the move we had little Zenner still in the stable. I think #5's biggest hurdle will be getting time in there. But, I would not be shocked if he got an opportunity and pulled away, even with Mengarelli.

Again all speculation and conjecture put forth in the spirit of getting ready for FB. I cannot wait!
        DE could be quite interesting with Tolu, Callender, and Smenda.

Not to mention Kern coming back from injury, and IIRC Elijah Wilson got some positive comments from Stig in spring game as being un-block-able at times from that position.

Excited to see what Mulholland can do in the backfield, his HS game tape was impressive. I think Daniel has good potential as well if he can stay healthy.

Comment

Has anyone heard of any further roster changes leading up to the start of camp?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Has anyone heard of any further roster changes leading up to the start of camp?
            Nothing major besides freshmen Simpson and Hodge. Pete Menage and Big Mike Dobrenski won't play because of injuries from spring. Otherwise, all returning players who were expected to be back are back.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Was talking with someone at work today and we were wondering what the latest with Grant Schmidt is. After reading Zim's article again, it sounds like he has to sit out this year, because it is his second transfer, and will then have 2 years of eligibility left after that. But, since Cincinnati had a coaching change when he left, there is a possibility for him to regain a third year of eligibility. Does anyone have additional/inside info?

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                Was talking with someone at work today and we were wondering what the latest with Grant Schmidt is. After reading Zim's article again, it sounds like he has to sit out this year, because it is his second transfer, and will then have 2 years of eligibility left after that. But, since Cincinnati had a coaching change when he left, there is a possibility for him to regain a third year of eligibility. Does anyone have additional/inside info?
                He'll sit out this year. The coaching staff is pretty confident he will get a 3rd year back after appeal.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                  You should ask Vandrovec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    You should ask Vandrovec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

The STATS Preseason All-American teams have been released and the Jackrabbits have 4 on the first team (Wieneke, Goedert, Ohnesorge, Rozeboom) and 2 on third team (Christion and Louscher)!

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ericans-073117
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Awesome recognition for those guys...I can't help but wonder why Soulek didn't get a mention. Oh well, blue colored glasses always wanting more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          Awesome recognition for those guys...I can't help but wonder why Soulek didn't get a mention. Oh well, blue colored glasses always wanting more.
                          I'm of the opinion that Kellen would have made one of the teams if they had a DT position instead of the generic "DL" spots.

I've harped on this before, but I've long felt that it was silly not to distinguish between DT and DE, as the top DEs basically always have better stats than the top DTs due to the nature of positions, hence why they'll get the accolades if they are grouped together.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                          X